The Power of Song (New Directions in Scandinavian Studies) Paperback – 1 Feb 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Power of Song serves not only as the quintessential study of what constitutes the heart of the remarkable and inspiring movements of the Baltic people, it will stand as a distinct contribution to the study of civil resistance movements overall. -Peter Ackerman, founding chair of the International Center on Nonviolent Conflict and co-author of Strategic Nonviolent Conflict and A Force More Powerful "An excellent and thorough work and a significant and important addition to our understanding of the role that folklore and popular culture play in shaping political events. - Timothy Tangherlini, UCLA A monumental study addressing a sorely neglected aspect of one of the last centurys most dramatic geopolitical upheavals. This book will stand, for years and even decades to come, as the standard, authoritative source on its topic. - --Kevin C. Karnes, Emory University
About the Author
Guntis Smidchens is the Kazickas Family Endowed Professor in Baltic Studies in the Scandinavian Studies Department at the University of Washington.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Estonia
- Books > History > Europe > Latvia
- Books > History > Europe > Lithuania
- Books > History > Europe > Scandinavia
- Books > History > World History > Revolutions & Coups
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Folk Music
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Folklore
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism