The Possibility of an Absolute Architecture (Writing Architecture) Paperback – 20 Apr 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Challenging the discursive boundaries and interpretive habits of countless late modern and contemporary architectural histories and theories, and with penetrating analysis directed at a compelling band of co-conspirators from Palladio to Ungers, who share with Aureli a deep suspicion of modern urbanization, this book is a forensic tour de force. A generational call for retrieving the concept of the city -- as well as the reality of its histories -- as the basis for thinking architecture's possibilities anew." Brett Steele , Director, Architectural Association School of Architecture "What at first glance appears to be a book of architectural history is in fact a radical attack on theory, sweeping away the foundations of current thought in its wake. Aureli's work stands against the forces of an unlimited urbanization, proposing an idea of absolute architecture as a confrontation with the forces of global capital. A must read for those passionate about architecture and its future." Peter Eisenman
About the Author
Pier Vittorio Aureli, an architect and educator, teaches at the Berlage Institute in Rotterdam and the Technical University of Delft. He is the author of The Project of Autonomy and other books.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Planning
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > History > Cultural History > Local & Urban History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics