Customer reviews

on 22 May 2004
I found this to be a this is a fantastic little book, with great practical guidance on learning to be postive in our lives and thus happier.. It is well illustrated, and highlights important points in each section. The questionaire section at the beginning and end of the book are useful in rating postivity and any improvements. This is one of the most useful and possibly life-changing books I've read and I'd recommend it to everyone.
on 8 November 2006
I have really studied this stuff for many years (at MA level too) and everything you need to know is in here. It is paired down and slim but that only serves to cut out the repetition and endless anecdotes that fills up so many books of this kind.. everything you need re positive thinking is in here.. highly reccommended
on 5 December 2006
This is a handy-sized, colourful book with easily digestible tips on how to bring positivity into your life. The helpful charts and diagrams pictorally demonstrate how to turn negative ideas and thoughts into positive ones, and also encourage you to rate the changes in your attitude as you progress through the book. The advice given is practical and separated into short, digestible chapters - for instance, how to handle anger, create optimism and build confidence.

Susan Quilliam provides useful, practical advice on lifestyle improvements which can aid a more positive outlook, including information on how a healthy diet, exercise and a well-maintained social network can benefit mental health. The snappy and well-chosen quotations from famous writers included within the text, as well as the coloured boxes of 'focus points' and 'do's and don'ts' make this a varied and always informative light read.
on 15 May 2010
Step by step guide to turning your life from negative to positive. Life stops trying to get you, instead you get a good life. I learnt how to steer my life positively and take control. I began to enjoy life. I saw another side to myself and my behaviour. The book is amazing. I recommend "increasing confidence" in the same series.
on 6 November 2012
i borrowed this at library and couldnt bear to part with it..so bought it. a nice little pick me up book for those down days, i just open on a page and read the small snippets. just gets the positive brain going again. its one of those books that are no effort.
on 16 April 2012
Excellent little book, ideal for lunchtime reading, would recommed to anyone wanting something not too indepth and easy reading.

Book arrived on time well packaged
on 6 January 2013
I found this book to be very uplifting, it's has helped me realise how lucky I am and how important it is to stay focused and enjoy what time I have left.
on 20 March 2014
Well presented book, useful for beginning to look at positive thinking and changing your mind set. Good for people who are starting to think positively.
on 12 April 2013
Very accessable book - breif and to the point. Read it in a day, but will keep rereading it as I put its suggestions into action and refocus my world.
on 31 May 2013
Really insightful and helpful for fellow Optimists! Really recommend you buy this pocket book. Handy to take around wherever you go!