- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Portrait Of Jennie  [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
An eerie love story from producer David O'Selznick. Eben Adams (Joseph Cotten) is a struggling artist who chances upon ethereal beauty Jennie (Jennifer Jones), who proves to be the muse he has longed for. Jennie disappears for a few months, Eben's artistic career takes off, yet when he tracks her down she seems to have aged in years. His interest turns to love, but his research leads Eben to conclude that Jennie might be the ghost of a dead girl.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
This film has a good cast and an interesting theme of lost love as 2 people search for what is important to them. We follow Eben as he gradually realizes that Jennie belongs in another time. Yet, somehow the strands of time have woven their lives together and this gives them both hope. Although the film is meant to be inspirational, I came away with a feeling of tragedy and a sense of sadness.
There are many memorable scenes including the lighthouse segment with the tidal wave at the end of the film. My favourite moment comes when Eben visits Mother Mary of Mercy (Lillian Gish) in the convent which Jenny attended. It is the moment when Eben learns of Jennie's true fate and he realizes what he must do. The scene ends with the nun kneeling down to pray for him and it is accompanied by an effective musical score.
A haunting film that may bring a tear to your eye but also a belief in the idea of an impossible love being made possible.