Portable Electronics Product Design and Development: For Cellular Phones, PDAs, Digital Cameras, Personal Electronics, and More (Professional Engineering) Hardcover – 1 Mar 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This tutorial for product designers and engineers offers guidance on the development of consumer portable electronics that, presumably, won't drive users crazy. That means the designer must understand how to shepherd a product through all the marketing, manufacturing, and procurement people who have a hand in development. Haskell(an electronics product design engineer) discusses the marketplace, the economics underlying product development, and the features customers do and don't like. He offers detailed information about the engineering of products, with attention to interface and size problems, convenience and utility parameters, technology trade-offs, and durability. (Sci-Tech Book News 2004-06-01)
BULK SALES: Key manufacturers in the type of product design are: Motorola, Palm, dell, HP/Compaq, Nokia, Philips, Intel, Kodak, 3M, and IBM. KEY TRADE SHOWS will include Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and NAB.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
...read section "13.2 Cardinal Functions", and "13.3 Powerful thin clients" several times to see how many (product) ideas you come up with!"
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Beginners
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Intermediate & Advanced
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Circuits
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Digital Electronics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Industrial Design
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering