on 4 April 2015
This is my second review for this cable.

I bought the 250cm cable on 24th September 2014 and I was really happy with it as It charged my Nokia and Samsung phones real quick.
The last couple of months I started to find I had to fiddle around with the wire as it wouldn't charge. Today I tried charge my Samsung phone and it wouldn't charge. I tried my other phones and it wouldn't work for any of them.

As the cable didn't even last 1 year I'm going to give a rating of 1 star.
on 11 March 2015
Charges quite slowly to be honest, but the phone does hold the charge very well. Mainly purchased for the length and no complaints there.
on 5 April 2015
Does not seem any quicker at charging items than "normal" cables - but I have not done any meaningful measurements
on 6 October 2014
Tight fit, but then again do you want them to fall out?

Fast charging still and good length, really really fantastic.
on 11 July 2017
Crap...They dont last
VINE VOICEon 27 August 2014
works fine - charges nexus 7 at the same rate at the original cable.
on 21 June 2014
DO NOT BE PUT OFF BY OLD REVIEWS! THE CABLE SUPPLIED NOW IS STRONGER AND BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS CABLE SUPPLIED!!!
READ BELOW!

I recently bought one of these and my situation was similar to many others here in the reviews.. Charged great but the end of the cable became loose after a month or so. I went to the PortaPow website and saw that these cables have a one year guarantee! I contacted them via the contact page on their site ( [...]) and within half a day I had a response telling me to take a quick pic of the broken cable and they would replace it. They also informed me of the following:

'We are now making an improved design which is more robust and this will be available for sale within 1 week, we will send this out to you.'
They also said that the new, improved cable should 'last me years and not months'.

Within a week I had a replacement cable.
The new cable has now been in use a couple of weeks and I have to say I can already tell that it is of stronger stuff!
The way this company dealt with my complaint and with such courtesy, is enough for me to recommend them and I will certainly buy from them again.
Not many companies take the time to listen to their customers and review their product to improve the problem, just look around at all the crap you can buy online nowadays! PortaPow are a pleasure to do business with. Cables aren't too bad either! :-)
on 10 January 2015
At first I needed to fiddle around to get the plug to actually balance in the socket as it's way too long like others have said. It started requiring more and more fiddling and is impossible to use while being charged because the slightest nudge stops it charging. Eventually it seems to have pretty much stopped altogether. It's only use now is to strangle my girlfriend with because the cable is longer than most chargers (the standard one barely fits around her neck).

For the record, I also didn't notice it charging any faster than standard. Avoid.
on 8 October 2015
Nice long fast charging cables for your Micro USB devices. Phones, tablets or anything will connect. Plug into a high powered USB charger for a super fast charge. They now seem to have changed the design, incorporating nice red ends so you don't get them confused with data cables and thicker, albeit slightly rubbery, cable. They see a lot of use with me and I have several at home and with me when I travel.
on 30 January 2015
Looking at comments I decided to buy two of these.
At first they worked like a charm but after 1 month of use both of them decided not to change my devices (If you played around with the charge point they sometimes worked but then as soon as you move they stop again)

Ok this maybe my fault but I have had many usb cables over the years and for 2 of these to break raises questions.