PortaPow Specialised Fast Charge Only 30cm Micro USB Cable for Blackberry, Xperia, HTC One, Google Nexus, Other Fast Charging Devices
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- If you have purchased a powerful mains or car USB charger but find that it charges your device slowly or not at all when using a normal micro USB cable, this cable will most likely solve the problem.
- PC USB sockets and many other chargers will only charge micro USB device at 0.5A with a normal data cable, this allows charging at 1A or more - twice as fast.
- Follows the 'Dumb USB' specification' - get the full power from a computer USB socket, mains or car USB charger.
- Will not put your device into 'data transfer' mode when connected to a computer, acting as a 'USB Condom' to prevent data theft / viruses when charging from an unknown USB socket.
- Improved design with more robust connectors available from 18th May 2014
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Now with more robust connectors for improved durability
This will allow you to charge power hungry micro USB devices such as the Raspberry Pi, Google Nexus, Asus Transformer, Blackberry Playbook or other micro USB device at high speed from a powerful charger, such as one rated at 2A / 10W.
Uses even thicker 22AWG copper cable to allow the same speed charging as our 150cm cable - has lower resistance so more power goes to your device and less is lost in the cable as heat. It follows the 'Dumb USB' specification, ie with the D+ and D- lines shorted. If you're already getting a fast charging speed then your charger follows the correct spec, and this will simply be a safe, high quality 250cm replacement charging cable.
Prevents your device going into 'data transfer' mode when connected to a computer, acting as a 'USB Condom' to prevent data theft / viruses when charging from an unknown USB socket. It works with all devices which charge from a micro USB socket including smartphones and satnavs from Samsung, HTC, Google, Sony, TomTom, etc.
Note your device will not charge faster than it was designed for - usually this is the same speed as charging from the original mains charger.The technology in this cable is already built into our car charger (B00E72WG18) and mains charger (B0073JB4QU)
Micro USB Cable
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Because of it's short length, I don't have miles of cable cluttering up my car dashboard. Because it's short, you won't be able to pick up the phone in your car when you're driving,. But hey, that's a good thing, right?
It just charges, nothing else and if your phone supports rapid charging then this is the cable for you.
The only difficulty I had was with Amazon Prime which promised next day delivery but took about 5 days to deliver as the package went to the wrong depot.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nothing wrong with product or delivery. Unfortunately my Garmin 205W does not navigate with it. Just goes into data download mode and sits there. Read morePublished 13 hours ago by muddybottom
Best thing about this cable is that it's power only, no data.
It looks like there is a newer version of this cable out now.
I've got quite a few of these and they've never let me down. No cable comes close! 1.9A charging current and charges in less than an hour!Published 12 months ago by H
I can't believe how well this works. Almost double the charging rate of my previous best cable, this cable allowed me to get an average of 1500mA just from a portable charger. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Mr. S. Mellins
Lasted almost 6 months heavy use so far, very fast charging. Buy one.Published 14 months ago by Matthew Brennan