- Product Dimensions: 0.3 x 0.1 x 0.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 9 g
- Item model number: 0766897525674
- ASIN: B009ZQKMDA
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 1 Nov. 2012
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (141 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 9,083 in Computers (See Top 100 in Computers)
PortaPow Micro USB Charging Adapter / Converter for Samsung Galaxy Tab or Note
|Price:||£3.99 FREE UK delivery.|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- This adaptor allows you to use a standard micro USB cable / charger to charge any Galaxy Tab from a computer or mains/car charger, no need for a separate charger just for your tab.
- Compatible with all Galaxy Tabs including the Tab 1 & 2 (P1000 / P7100 / P7300 / P7500, etc) and the Note 10.1
- Normal usb cables & micro usb data adaptors will not allow charging from most USB sockets, this will. Click on the second image at the top to zoom in on the adaptor in action
- Not suitable for data transfer
- Use together a 2A mains charger or modern computer USB socket for the fastest possible charging
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Converts the Galaxy Tab / Note 30pin plug to a standard micro USB plug, allowing you to use any micro USB cable to charge any Galaxy Tab or Note which uses this shape connector. Suitable for charging only, not data transfer.
Please see the picture at the top of this page of the adaptor in use - the normal USB cable will not allow charging from most USB sockets, this adaptor used with any micro USB cable will.
Has been tested with iPhone/iPad chargers, Samsung micro USB chargers, and the entire range of PortaPow car/mains/solar chargers.
This adaptor allows you to use the PortaPow high speed micro USB cable, this uses 24AWG wire with lower resistance than the original Samsung USB cable, allowing 10-20% faster charging from the original 2 Amp Galaxy Tab Charger or another 2 Amp charger such as the PortaPow Dual or Quad.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Does what it say on the tin. No issues with connector being too stiff and requiring "big push" into the tablet - unlike some other generic cables/adaptors I have previously purchased and I know a lot of people have issues with.
Very pleased now as I don't have to drag separate, designated only for this tablet, charger and cables with me.
NB: Not sure about the high speed charging as it takes longer too charge than the stock charger from a mains supply using and even long from USB.
I would have given it 5 stars if it was high speed.
Hope this helps.
My son loves to use his tablet, with the lead connected to the wall socket, despite constant warnings about damaging the lead; now this adaptor means he can use any throwaway micro-usb lead, and save damage to the tablet socket.
Unfortunately I found that it failed to work on my note 10.1. I checked it against a Kindle keyboard charger, also a HTC phone charger, also a EZOPower EZCH17 UK USB Travel Wall AC Charger Power Adapter 2.1A all along wit the stock Samsung charger with a micro usb lead. All failed to work resulting in the usual Red Cross and why the 2 stars good customer service, no quibble refund + and extra £1.00 to cover the return postage.
But I am still looking for that alternative charger for my Note! Have you found one that works in the UK!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I went through 2 or 3 samsung leads every year because they always break at the plugs. With this I just plug in a normal usb cable and my tablet charges. Read morePublished 18 hours ago by P.James
At last a converter for this horrible connector on my Samsung Galaxy note 10. Now I can use a standard mini usb charging lead for all Samsung products. Excellent product.Published 6 days ago by Mr. Jonathan Chinn
Really slow to charge and falls off the connected wire (not included) but was a cheap replacementPublished 1 month ago by V. Nelson
Great adapter, does what it says, can easily charge my note 10.1 now at last!!!Published 1 month ago by ckilmartin
Just love it, now I can move with just one charger for my phone and my tabletPublished 1 month ago by Temy75