PortaPow 150cm 21AWG Lightning Fast Charge Only Cable for Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad
|Price:||£5.49 FREE UK delivery.|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- USB sockets on PCs / TVs will only charge iPhones at 0.5A and won't charge iPads with a normal data cable, this allows you to get the full power from the socket
- Universal chargers not specifically designed for iPads may charge them at 1A even if they have the power to charge faster. This cable allows you charge at upto 2A.
- Uses 150cm 21AWG thick copper cable (much thicker than standard 24/28AWG) with robust connectors to allow faster charging than a normal 150cm USB cable.
- A charge only cable - will not go into 'data transfer' mode when connected to a PC/TV so you can use one just like a mains charger.
- Tested with all current iOS versions and Apple Lightning models.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: Apple 150cm
Using the same principle as our best selling 'fast charge' micro usb cable, this Lightning cable allows you to dramatically increase charging speed from most PCs, TVs and other USB sockets that would normally be used for transferring data to/from your iDevice. This cable blocks data transfer and allows you to use these USB sockets just like a mains charger.
Note your iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad / iPad Air will not charge faster than it was designed for - usually this is the same speed as charging from the original mains charger. So if you're already charging at maximum speed, this cable won't increase charging speed. Charging speed will also be limited by how much power the USB socket can output.
Most USB sockets will be able to charge iPhones / iPods at their full speed of 1A with this cable, and iPads at upto 2A.
Some iPads can be charged faster by using a charger built to Apple's 2.4A charging spec such as the PortaPow Crystal together with a good quality short sync+charge cable.
150cm Apple Lightning USB Charging Cable
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. the cable is of inferior size/quality; the AWG rating really does make a difference. Go for 24AWG or less (lower is better with AWG)
2. cables are often universal in duty: they often have all pins connected and usable as both to charge and in data connection; whilst useful in some circumstances the device can surreptitiously connect as a data link and this can cause a reduced charging current.
This product avoids the above issues. I can vouch that, for the 150cm version at least, the charging current capability is as good as the OEM cable. I am very keen to understand if the 250cm performs as well: I am yet to find good performance from a cable greater than 150cm.
To check the capability of your charger/cable combination, I recommend a Google Play app called "Galaxy Charging Current: Lite", if you have a Samsung device (except Tab 2). Take regard of the Max/Ave current and ignore the "Now" value. For other devices I recommend "Battery Charge Source Current".
Absolutely brilliant, fast charges, class cable.
Yes there are cheaper cables, tried different ones, not as robust feeling as this one.
More than happy with this cable.
I also use it on my Nexus 5, with the same impressive results. In fact I'm so impressed that I've ordered another 3 for distributing around the home and work.
Used it on my Nexus 7 and a friend's HTC One
UPDATE: The micro USB plug literally came apart after a single month. Buy at your own risk, I do not recommend at all.
Does the job so no complaints and the wire is long enough to reach from the charger to the windscreen.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this for my boyfriend and after a day or two the USB plug part broke off.Published 2 days ago by Danielle D.
Great charger for my iPhone 6s Plus
Such quick charging not having to wait 4 hours to get to 100% with the standard apple charger this charger does it in just under 2... Read more
Bought 2 both failed within 5 months....When the first stopped working I thought I had a dud and foolishly bought a second only for it to do the same... Read morePublished 14 days ago by nick cr
Unfortunately I had to return this.
I had bought 2 versons of PortaPow, 1.5m and 30cm cables.
In the end I had returned the 1. Read more
Initially great, but durability is awful - even with gentle treatment, they stop working very quickly.Published 26 days ago by Mr. T. P. Ryder
I use this with an AUKEY Car Charger 4.8A / 24W Dual USB Adapter with AiPower Adaptive Charging Technology for iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S7, Blackberries and other... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Paula Little
Nice and short, this lives in the car, and quickly transfers charge to whatever iPhone is at hand. Especially when using sat-nav or maps on phone with 4G in car - keeps phone... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Nico
2nd cable from Portapow - great for fast chargers.
Android users - a portapow cable will give you the maximum current draw that your device will take from any charger... Read more