on 5 April 2010
This is a great book on the conservation and restoration of porcelain, that is a must for conservation students looking for books that they can actually afford. It is written by Nigel Willaims who led the conservation of the Portland Vase so you can be reassured that it takes conservation ethics into account in the treatments outlined. There also are plenty of illustrated instructions to help students or other interested parties.
on 25 June 2014
I'm training to be a conservator/restorer and had never worked on ceramics. This book is one of the recommended ones on our reading list which lead me to buy it. I'm very happy that I did. It's well written and laid out and all the instructions/advice are easy to follow. It's also very up to date with info on latest adhesives and techniques.

Although I'm not going to specialise in ceramics it's a very handy book to have as broken bits and pieces keep being sent my way by various friends and family members! I would recommend this book to students studying restoration or home enthusiasts!
on 27 November 2013
This book contains everything a good handbook should have: precision in descriptions of techniques, lists of materials, thorough step-by-step preparation procedures, real-life based warnings where you need to look out for something in particular, all obviously written by people who have successfully applied al the techniques for years and are experts in the field.

If you need to repair porcelain this book will save you oceans of time and a lot of money, not to mention unhappiness because of failed attempts. Highly recommended!
on 28 February 2012
Just beginning to find out about restoring antique china, so I am pleased that this is proving to be a great introduction and that it is rather more up to date than the last one I bought. Clearly laid out and explained; sensible tips given on purchasing tools, materials and equipment; instruction are given by types of objects: I am sure this book will serve me well for years to come and constitute an excellent work of reference for the future.
on 15 November 2012
Excellent book. Endlessly informative. Gives a realistic guide to the difficulty / ease of different projects and the potential pitfalls.
on 29 August 2010
This is a straightforward and typical Amazon purchase.

We decided what we wanted, we identified it on Amazon, ordered it and it arrived earlier than we expected.

It did everything 'it said on the tin'! Well done Amazon, you are still the definitive buyers web-site - nobody else even gets close.
Lo tendria entre los libros que me orientan en la restauracion .
Esta en Ingles.
Tiene una lista de las tiendas donde se puede comprar los materiales
on 12 January 2012
I have already left review. All was good i already own this book and bought this one for a friend. Service was very good
on 2 October 2013
This is an excellent book for anyone who wants to learn about restoration. I recommend this book. Have fun with it.
on 18 August 2015
Very complex details just what you need