on 1 January 2014
I have seen a few debates lately about how a book cover influences the reader on whether they want to read the book. Poppet, for me, has a terrifying cover. One of the better reasons for reading the book as an e book was that I didn't have to look at it.
The story is very good. Caffery is an unconventional cop. Like so many other unconventional cops that we see now, but he is also a thoroughly likeable one who wants to do the right thing. I thought that the story wouldn't have any surprises but there were plenty of them.
I have read two of the books in this series and will definitely be reading the earlier books and the new one that is due later in the year.
on 14 October 2017
I don't normally read books but this one was amazing and was hooked from beginning to end it's a really good story-line and I would recommend this book to everyone the chapters aren't that long and keeps the reader hooked it arrived on time and in good condition will definitely keep a look out for more of Mo Hayder's books
on 18 August 2017
Another fantastic book to read by Mo Hayder. Want more Jack Caffrey stories!!
on 16 November 2015
Excellent, gripping and totally heartbreaking again, how does she do it? The best one since The Treatment.
on 11 March 2014
This is the first Mo Hayder book I have read and I really enjoyed it. Totally recommend reading this. I'm going to have a look at the other Jack Caffery books now!
on 21 April 2017
Best one yet
on 27 February 2014
Mo Hayder examines the disturbing stories of the inmates of a high security psychiatric unit. The Maude is wielding a reign of terror. .....but is everything as it seems?
on 9 May 2014
Excellent thriller of course I have never been disappointed by mo hayder this has definitely a sting In the tail.I would recommend this book
on 28 August 2017
Another great read from Mo Hayder!
on 26 February 2015
it does not disappoint - gripping from the start and just keeps you there!