Popcorn Hour A-410 Network Media Jukebox
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Premium casing by SilverStone ensuring optimal cooling
- Slide-out bay for HDD
- VXP Video engine processor
- Suports H.264 Muliview Coding, Blu-Ray 3D, 3D MKV
- Brand new Sigma Desings 8911-processor
Interest-free monthly payments and other finance options may be available on eligible orders of items sold by Amazon totalling £400 or more. Finance provided by Hitachi Personal Finance. Interest may be payable. Learn more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Popcorn Hour A-410 Network Media Jukebox The Popcorn Hour A-410 is based on the extremely successful A-400 model it has been re-engineered and improved to give you a cutting edge 3D compatible Media Jukebox. Boosted with 1024MB of DDR2 memory and on-board ESS Technology Sabre Audiophile class DAC. Powered by the latest Sigma Designs Dual Core CPU which supports 3D Blu-rays and enhanced video perfromance with the VXP video processor. The A-410 was designed with discerning audiophile taste in mind. Powered by an ESS Technology Sabre 24 bit DAC with sampling rate of 195KHz. The A-410 delivers near jitter free studio quality audio with 112dB DNR. VXP Video Processing Integrated XVP video processing takes the video output quality of the A-410 to the next level. By offering best in class video processing for deinterlacing scaling and image enhancement seperate video post processing is no longer necessary. The A-410 features a brand new user interface with automatic active background which changes according to the time of day and even the weather. Recently played media can be displayed on the main menu allowing quick access to your favourite files. The main interface is fully customisable allowing you to put shortcuts to your favourite apps and organise the menu to your personal requirements. Customise the themes to match your personality. Popcorn Hour Apps Market Watch global news listen to internet radio or stay in touch with friends on Twitter. You can catch up on your favorite YouTube channel or play some casual games with the family. With over 100 free and premium TV Apps currently available and even more on the way there is something for everyone! NMT Apps Turn your Popcorn Hour A-410 to a SAMBA NFS or UPNP server with the NMT Apps. Share your A-410 hard drive to other connected networkd devices. It works exactly like a NAS
Popcorn Hour A-410
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I hope next firmware will change my opinion slightly so I could give it five stars.
As for the much-trumpeted audio DAC, it's not much use if all your music is in Apple Lossless (ALAC / .m4a) format as it won't play this. It's a huge inconvenience if you want to play your lossless music as your only option is to convert it all to FLAC. When it does play something it supports then it does indeed sound superb.
I would give it five stars but for the ALAC issues.
Overall though, a very accomplished piece of kit.
When installing a new hard drive I recommend follow the Wizard of the device, that will format the disk in the filesystem Ext3/Ext4 (Linux), and install all the NMT applications.
The real problem with this device is when it comes to put your stuff on the disk. You have 3 options:
1. Connect the device as Slave in you computer and run a Linux Live CD, like Ubuntu Desktop (Ext3/Ext4 works on Linux not on Windows 8);
2. Transfer the files via Network, wireless or Ethernet;
3. Plug an external Hard Drive to the device and use the device interface to make the wanted copies.
Here are the problems with each option:
1. If you use a Linux Live CD, make sure you enter with the root account (sudo passwd root) before make any copy, then change all the permissions to allow access to all (chmod -R 777 Folder). If you don't do this, you will get many access denied when accessing via Network;
2. Network, not only is the slowest option, but also, the unstable one! I don't know why, but while transferring files via Ethernet I got disconnected or access denied several times, and have the need to press "Try Again" on Windows 8 to resume transfer. This is the worst thing I found in this device;
3. Using the device menus is the way I recommend, plug your disks on the device and with the remote control select and copy the folders and files you want. Very fast, with no permissions problems and no interruptions.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It would be great LOSS OF MONEY AND TIME for someone, deciding to buy PH A-410.
After investing hours to get through the basic features, I decided to abandon any further... Read more
Excellent product does everything I want, would recommend to anyone.Published 20 months ago by andrew