Poodle Hat Import
|Price:||£26.77 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
AutoRip is available only for eligible CDs and vinyl sold by Amazon EU Sarl (but does not apply to gift orders or PrimeNow orders). See Terms and Conditions for full details, including costs which may apply for the MP3 version in case of order returns or cancellations.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
On the CD are:
1. Couch Potato - A solid parody of Eminem's 'Lose Yourself', themed on popular TV shows and rituals. The rhyming is good and the name drops are well-worked into the song.
Four out of five.
2. Hardware Store - My personal favourite track on 'Poodle Hat', Hardware Store is an original song with a tempo that seems pretty fast as it is until...BAM - Al runs off an insanely pacy list of stuff you find in a hardware store. Never mind the lyrical genius present here; Al's vocals are amazing and have to be heard to be believed!
Five out of five!
3. Trash Day - A straight parody of Nelly's 'Hot In Here' (yes, that '...so baby take off your clothes' one :|). The original song was garbage, so perhaps the trash-ridden song has a hidden meaning??? ;)
Two out of five.
4. Party at the Leper Colony - Original Weird Al song about what might happen if some lepers had a social gathering. A gruesome song, but with a nice, soothing tone and a great finish.
Three out of five.
5. Angry White Boy Polka - The token Weird Al Polka. This is one of his better ones, as the idea is great: what could be funnier than singing some angst-ridden nu-metal/rock in a Polka style-ee, accompanied by the accordion?!? Not much!
Five out of five!
6. Wanna B Ur Lover - Very clever idea from Al. It's basically a song that consists of wall-to-wall chat-up lines! The cheese factor is enormous, but it's difficult not to laugh since we've all been here before...admit it!
Four out of five.
7. A Complicated Song - An excellent rendition of Avryl Lavine's 'Complicated', Al sings about three humourous situations.Read more ›
FYI Alec, his face is great :]
Couch potato - 9/10 - Brilliant lyrical adaptation here, set to a great song.
Hardware store - 10/10 - If only there was an 11/10... An AMAZING tune, with an unmissable 100mph bridge, just when you thought the song couldnt get any faster!
Trash day - 7/10 - In my opinion, this is better than the original by far, but then again, the original song wasnt fantastic...
Party at the Leper Colony - 5/10- A little repeatitive (is that how you spell it?) but good, if gross lyrics. A feel-good tune overall.
Angry white boy Polka - 9/10 - The polkas are always great. You have no sense of fun if you hate the polkas.
Wanna b ur lovr - 8/10 - Funny lyrics, good tune.
A complicated song - 10/10 - I certainly couldnt have found so many rhymes for 'Complicated'... A hilarious song, if a *little* disgusting.
Why does this always happen to me? - 10/10 - Brilliant song, Brilliant tune, Hilarious lyrics. Can anyone BE so selfish?
Ode to a superhero - 8/10 - Spiderman in 5 mins. To the tune of 'piano man'. Need more be said?
Bob - 7/10 - You have to 'figure it out' to see whats so great about this...
eBay - 9/10 - Great song.
Genius in France - 10/10 - I think this song is genius. Changes speed & rhythm every few seconds.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Much is made of Weird Al's lyrics and his musical ability is often overlooked. That is a mistake. The man is amazingly talented. Read morePublished on 14 Dec. 2008 by Neil
weird Al is so original and fresh. And this album certainly maintains that tradition. Of note is his parody of Avril Lavignes's complicated, you'll be rolling in the aisle. Read morePublished on 30 Sept. 2007 by Bj Lucas
Wierd Al Yankovic is about as funny as finding out a relative has died. Simply changing certain words to songs and making stupid faces in videos is not witty. Read morePublished on 18 Oct. 2006 by Alec Brogan
Listening to Poodle Hat's family-friendly, not in-your-face but still very funny musical parodies and style parodies, it's hard to believe that Weird Al Yankovic started out... Read morePublished on 23 Aug. 2006 by LilacPilgrim13
If you are just looking for a laugh, this is the album for you. In my opinion, the best song on the CD is the complicated song, an avril lavigne 'complicated' spoof. Read morePublished on 8 Mar. 2005
Al's at his best with his parodies, and there are enough of them on this album to make it more than worth while to buy. Read morePublished on 14 Oct. 2004
with fantastic songs like the '' biggest ball of twine in minnasota '' and ''spam'' and '' dog eat dog '' this 4 cd collection is fantastic, it never fails to cheer you up. Read morePublished on 25 Sept. 2004 by Mrs. C. Schofield Two
Fantastic !!! It's a must for any E-bay user alone, never mind if you just looking for good fun music.
An absolute must, as we oldies once said "give it a spin".
My children and I are big Weird Al fans, and I was pleasantly surprised when I got this CD for Christmas! Read morePublished on 27 Jan. 2004 by Kurt A. Johnson