Pompeii in the Public Imagination from its Rediscovery to Today (Classical Presences) Hardcover – 17 Nov 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is a thought-provoking and wide-ranging work, bringing together such diverse subjects as changing attitudes to Pompeii's erotic material and the excavations' impact on 19th-century Italy's emerging political identity. Its often-surprising insights shed new light on this most familiar of sites. (Current World Archaeology)
The editors of Pompeii in the Public Imagination have given us a stimulating and provocative collection of essays in interpretation of this ruin that changes from year to year, yet always remains the same. (Professor Eugene Dwyer, Reviews in History)
About the Author
Shelley Hales is Senior Lecturer in Art & Visual Culture, Department of Classics & Ancient History, University of Bristol. Joanna Paul is Postgate Early Career Fellow in Classics, School of Archaeology, Classics & Egyptology, University of Liverpool
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Egypt
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Greece
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Rome
- Books > History > Archaeology > By Period > Classical Greek & Roman
- Books > History > Archaeology > By Period > Egyptian
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences