Polymers at Surfaces and Interfaces Paperback – 21 Aug 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Research in polymer-bearing interfaces has been fueled by the availability of very sensitive experimental tools and by strong industrial interest in nanotechnology and cybernetics. Two of the leading researchers in this very active and significant research area of polymers at interfaces, Richard Jones of the University of Sheffield and Randal Richards of the University of Durham, have summarized the current status of the field in their excellent book, Polymers at Surfaces and Interfaces … The exciting aspect of this book for me was its clear summary of key experimental tools and theoretical concepts and its excellent analyses of measured data in different situations involving surfaces and interfaces. As an instructor of graduate level courses in polymer physics, I find that this book fills a long-standing void in the area of polymers at interfaces. I recommend this book for graduate students and researchers who would like to learn the fundamentals of macromolecular concepts in the exciting area of polymers at interfaces.' Murugappan Muthukumar, Physics Today
'This book is an excellent introduction into the very complex subject of the interaction of polymers at surfaces and interfaces from a fundamental point of view. It is coherent and comprehensive. this book should be considered a valuable and needed addition to the library of graduate students of macromolecular chemistry and physics and for those actively carrying out research in the field.' Thomas J. Heinze, Polymer News
'The result is a generally readable book that meets these aims and which should be useful to all workers in this field whatever their background. … I highly recommend it to any Ph.D. students working either theoretically or experimentally with polymers.' Helen E. Hermes, Chemistry in Britain
This study deals with the behaviour of polymers at surfaces and interfaces. Topics covered include the nature and properties of the surface of a polymer melt, the structure of interfaces between different polymers and between polymers and non-polymers, the molecular basis of adhesion and the properties of polymers at liquid surfaces.
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Polymers & Plastics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Materials Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics