- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Politics UK Unknown Binding – 1 Jan 1991
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"It is always a pleasure to open it and I know of no more helpful guide to the mysteries of
British politics." - Jørgen Sevaldsen, University of Copenhagen
'It is multi-authored and is able therefore to cover a wider range of topics - social, economic and European policy.'
'...make generous use of diagrams, tables, charts and boxed inserts. These enliven the text, facilitate the assimilation of information and, by pithy and provocative comment, help badger the sleepy mind. Equally welcome... accompanying websites with useful lists of web-based resources. For a computer-savvy generation this is becoming an indispensable aid.'
The Times Higher, November 2004
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
This book is the best available for students who have to cover a blend of both government and politics in their degree studies. It is invaluable as an introductory text and contains material which will be of continued use in the second and third years. It has also been brought right up to date and thus reflects the most recent contemporary debates and issues.
Dr. Richard Grayson, Head of Politics, GoldsmithsCollege, Universityof London
Politics UK is the best-selling introductory text on British politics. First published in 1991 and now in its sixth edition, it continues to provide the most comprehensive, elegant and up-to-date coverage of all aspects of the British political system.
Suitable for both A-level students and undergraduates, Politics UK presents a detailed examination of the core elements of the British political scene divided into six classic parts: 1. Context; 2. Defining the political world; 3. The representative process; 4. The legislative process; 5. The executive process; and 6. The policy process. The sixth edition has, of course, been thoroughly updated and revised and is now presented in full colour throughout.
· Outstanding, elegant and authoritative presentation with in-text features explaining and analysing complex concepts with the utmost clarity.
· Illustrations by some of the leading political cartoonists of today.
· Comprehensive glossary of key terms.
· Companion Website (www.pearsoned.co.uk/jones) much-enhanced for this edition containing regular updates on contemporary issues and keeps pace with the rapidly unfolding political landscape.
New to this edition
· Britainin Context a boxed feature found in every chapter places the issues facing Britain in a global framework and weaves a strong comparative thread throughout the book.
· And another thing... short essays by distinguished commentators, including Andrew Rawnsley and Simon Jenkins, provide interpretative analyses of key issues in British politics.
· Full coverage and analysis of the 2005 general election.
· An analysis of the London bombings in July 2005 and the issues raised by the governments response, taking in civil liberties, citizenship and the power of the state.
· Coverage of the changes in party leadership, which have enlivened political debate and an analysis of New Labour in power, including an assessment of the Blair/Brown relationship.
· Expanded coverage of the war in Iraq.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title. See all Product description