The Politics of Land Reform in Africa: From Communal Tenure to Free Markets Paperback – 30 Aug 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'An insightful analysis of the logic and agencies governing land reform in Africa in the age of neoliberal globalization...Manji must be commended for alerting us to the fact that proposed land reforms will undermine the livelihood of the African people, strengthen patriarchal relations, and intensify violence against women.' Silvia Federici, African Studies Review 'As a hypothesis, this interesting and should be taken seriously.' Quarterly Journal of International Agricultural 'A broad commentary' 'Insightful for anyone interested in this topic.' Choice
About the Author
Ambreena Manji is a Reader in the Department of Law, University of Keele. She is also a Fellow of the Institute of Commonwealth Studies, University of London. She has written extensively on land reform, gender and development, and the role of international financial institutions.
Top Customer Reviews
Her 'Feminist Legal Pluralism' addresses critically women-led responses to land dispossession in sub-Saharan Africa and she expertly outlines how 'legal centralism' and state-focused analyses of Land in Africa, enforce gender inequality and unequal access to land.
Highly recommended for anyone looking to tackle Africa's 'Land Question', and wanting to take on the de Soto-ites of the World Bank!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law > Jurisdictions Other Than England & EU
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Personal Finance > Property & Real Estate
- Books > Science & Nature
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Urban & Rural Planning