Politics in the Andes: Identity, Conflict, & Reform (Pitt Latin American Series) Hardcover – 31 Jan 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Brilliantly illuminates the nature and origins of the Andean arc of crisis.... Examines the intense challenges to democratization in the five Andean nations - ethnic and regional cleavages, poverty, and traditions of political violence that have been exacerbated amid the 'War on Drugs.' - Cynthia McClintock, George Washington University
About the Author
Jo-Marie Burt, assistant professor of government at George Mason University, has published widely and served as editor of NACLA Report on the Americas. Philip Mauceri, professor of political science at the University of Northern Iowa, is the author of State Under Siege: Development and Policy Making in Peru and coeditor of The Peruvian Labyrinth: Society, Economy, Polity.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > South America
- Books > History > Political History > Democracy
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Central & South America
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > South East Asia