Political Economy of the Company Hardcover – 1 Feb 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
...a valuable and timely contribution to current debates about the regulation of (large) companies in the United Kingdom. The individual essays are thoughtful and scholarly, and the text is given an overall coherence by the editors introductory chapter, which summarises well the subsequent essays whilst highlighting the principal themes of the text. Chris Riley Legal Studies April 2001 The text offers a valuable collection of reflective essays on the nature, scope and change in the U.K. corporate governance theory. For the North American reader, the collection provides key insights into the development of U.K. company law An easy and interesting read, the book makes a most helpful contribution to the corporate governance debate. Janis Sarra Canadian Business Law Journal April 2001
About the Author
John Parkinson, who died in 2004, was Professor of Law at the University of Bristol. Gavin Kelly is Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR). Andrew Gamble is Professor of Politics and Director of the Political Economy Research Centre, University of Sheffield.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Microeconomics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Political Economy
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Theory & Philosophy
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Business Law
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics