Political Communication Online: Structures, Functions, and Challenges (Routledge Research in Political Communication) Hardcover – 20 May 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"This exploratory work proposes a multi-modal method – a fusion of prior approaches informed by linguistics, visual communication, and other disciplines -- for descriptive online content analysis. Simultaneously capturing visual and textual elements (and the relationships between them) is a promising development."
―Patrick Meirick, University of Oklahoma
"Provides an interesting and comprehensive exploration of political communication as it evolves in concert with advances in communication technologies. This is an excellent volume for scholars interested in keeping apace of the current state and possible future of global political communication."
―Brian Houston, University of Missouri
About the Author
Dr. Ognyan Seizov is a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Department of Linguistics and Literary Sciences, University of Bremen, Germany. His research interests are political communication and multimodal argumentation and persuasion with a special emphasis on the different approaches professionals and prosumers take to multimodal rhetoric and document design in the online context. He is the principal investigator of the research project ‘Multimodal Production and Reception Online’ (2014 – 2016) funded by the University of Bremen through the Excellence Initiative of the German Science Foundation (DFG), and he was most recently a Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow in Comparative Media Studies / Writing at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Web Marketing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies