- Also check our best rated Pc Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £1.99 UK delivery
+ £2.00 UK delivery
Pole Position 2012 (PC DVD)
|Price:||£1.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Windows 7 / XP / Vista
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Pole Position 2012 will put your manager skills to the test by putting you in charge of your Formula 1 racing team. It’s your responsibility not only to buy spare parts, but also to design the car and to recruit the members of your team. And then, you decide which training sessions are the most appropriate for your pilots.
Pole Position 2012 offers you more features than ever in a Formula 1 racing team management simulation. The whole technology tree was revised from the ground up and you have to pick your own research from over 100 new technology projects. The team management system is easier to use than ever before. And even when it comes to your own satisfaction, you can make your dreams come true and get a sports car, a villa or even a private jet plane.
But it doesn’t matter how you build your racing team, your goal is always the same: make the right choices, pick the right people and win the World Championship!
- Your racing team – take control of an existing racing team or create your very own team
- Driver Editor –create your very own driver using the integrated Driver Editor in the new Pole Position
- Improved tech tree – research more than 100 new car technologies using an improved technology tree, which allows you to see your progress in the blink of an eye.
- Team members – the new team management system has more importance than in the previous games, and it’s also easier and more fun to use.
- Team installations – your team owns its own installations, where you can build different structures, such as a wind tunnel or a fitness centre. And you can even improve those structures as the game progresses.
- Private life – the new Pole Position doesn’t forget you, the manager, also have needs. Make your dreams come true and live a life of luxury: get your own sports car, a villa on the Riviera or even a private jet plane.
- Training schedule – decide on the individual training sessions of your pilots to help them improve their skills.
- Car setup – thanks to an easy-to-use car setup system, you can take everything out of your cars and rebuild them from scratch to improve their performance on each specific racetrack.
Top customer reviews
Infact if this came out 14 years ago at the same time as Grand Prix World this would of been called an outdated game. It is shocking that in this day and age these types of games are released.
Such a disappointment as another game made by Kalyso Tropico is awesome
My first experience of a race was with all of the drivers travelling BACKWARDS around Yeongam International Circuit.
If you know the layout of Yeongam, you will know how insulting this concept is.
My second race experience was at Sepang, where once again, I found out to my disgust that the cars travel BACKWARDS to the direction of travel.
If a company can't even get the direction of travel correct at tracks, and have the decency to check simple facts - they should be immediately banned from ever making another F1 game in the future.
The next huge flaw, is how competitors complete 50 second laps at almost every track.
It is pointless to try and argue that they did this to "speed up" gameplay.
The game has a Speed slider, which allows you to speed up or slow down races.
So once again, they have failed on the simple basics of Formula One.
Whoever made this game, has absolutely no knowledge of Formula One, the circuits on the calendar, or what it takes to construct a decent F1 Management Game.
Competitors do not do 50 second laps at Monza. Or any track for that matter.
If I had stayed long enough to find out, i'm sure this game would have cars doing 25 second laps at Monaco.
In short, this game is an absolute disgrace to all Formula One fans.
Even for people who have never watched a Formula One Grand Prix before, this game must be avoided.
The most insulting thing about this game is its price tag.
This game has clearly been constructed by 1 individual in Unity (game-engine).
So to charge £5 for it, would be a stretch - let alone £25.
If you think you absolutely have to play this game, then download it for free.
Do not give away one penny of your hard earned money, for this abonination.
The creators of this game are committing robbery. Plain and simple.
Hopefully they will never make another Pole Position game in the future.
Hopefully they will be banned from ever making another game related to F1.
And hopefully they will make a public apology and refund all customers, for this abomination.
Now I know that to get the up to date drivers teams and sponsors you have to mod the game, which is very easy. This is something the PP 2010 allowed you to do by updating xml doc and making yopur own logos and portraits. Now however you can change the names of the drivers and teams in game but you are stuck with the awful portraits, and team logos. Like Yodaphone Schnietzer instead of Mclaren. The same goes for sponsors.
I could go with that but they have not reflected qualifying properly (no Q1 Q2 Q3 format) and no in race pit stop strategy. You cannot save regularly enough either.
In short this game is an epic fail to deliver the sort of detail that F1 fans require.
If you doubt me check the forums for the game. Kalypso just lost the loyalty of their community.
Look for similar items by category