- Explore our full range of fitness gear and clothing in the Fitness Store.
- Also check our best rated Heart Rate Monitor Watch reviews
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Shows when you are improving fitness based on your heart rate
- Smart calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- Comes with comfortable textile transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
- Average and maximum heart rate of total exercise
- Total training summary holds 10 files
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch.
- Polar FT4 training computer
- Polar H1 heart rate sensor
- FT4 getting started guide
From the manufacturer
Your Workout. Only Smarter
The FT4 heart rate monitor helps you exercise smarter with its easy-to-use heart rate based features. Designed for active exercisers who want to track their intensity and calories burned during any activity.
Exercise Guidance and Motivation
Continuously displays your real-time heart rate during exercise. With this information you can gauge your intensity and stay within your target zone to maximise your workout. It’s like a personal trainer on your wrist telling you when to slow down or speed up.
After each workout, the FT4 will display a training summary with your average and max heart rate and calories burned. In addition, it keeps track of your last ten workouts so you can see your fitness improvements and stay motivated to reach your goals.
In the Box
- FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
- H1 Heart Rate Transmitter
- Getting Started Guide
For Any Activity
Take a class: Track your heart rate and stay in your zone during group classes such as indoor cycling or yoga. It has coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk with other heart rate monitors in the area and a backlight.
H1 Heart Rate Sensor
Includes the comfortable H1 heart rate chest strap. The soft fabric chest strap sensor (also called transmitter) streams continuous, accurate heart rate to the FT4 wrist unit.
- Soft fabric materials adapt to your body shape so you forget it’s even on
- Convenient side hook mechanism makes it quick to put on when you want to start training and easy to take off when you’re finished
- Hand washable
- User replaceable battery
- Strap material: 38 per cent polyamide, 29 per cent polyurethane, 20 per cent elastane, 13 per cent polyester
- Tip: After each workout, detach H1 transmitter, rinse the strap with water and hang dry
Get the Results You Want
Whether your goal is to lose weight, tone up or improve your overall fitness, the FT4 is the right workout companion. It helps you workout smarter and stay in your zone. Here's how: the FT4 automatically determines your heart rate target zone using your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). When you exercise out of the preset zone, it will give a visual and audible alarm. This real-time guidance motivates you to pick it up or slow it down. Before you know it, you're hitting your target zone, maximising your efforts and getting fitter, faster.
- Continuous, accurate heart rate
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Automatic age-based target zone – bpm/per cent
- Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- Includes H1 heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material
- 10 training files (with summaries and totals)
- User replaceable battery and water resistant (30 m)
- Suitable for swimming
- Time of day (12/24 h) with alarm and snooze
- Connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink (5 kHz coded transmission)
The Original Heart Rate Monitor
Polar invented the world's first heart rate monitor and pioneered the Smart Coaching training approach that delivers faster progress and better results. Each Polar product includes Smart Coaching features that listen to your heart and interpret the data for you so you can train smarter.
How Heart Rate Training Works
When you train, you don’t always have to go faster or harder to get the best results. To reach your goals you just need to train within the right heart rate intensity zone.
During exercise, there are specific intensity zones, each with a benefit. These zones are based on a percentage of your maximum heart rate- a number calculated by most Polar heart rate monitors. While working out you can use your max heart rate to calculate and follow the recommended zones below. Training in the right zone will help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Zone 1 "Very Light" 50-60 per cent: Improves overall health and helps recovery. Recommended for weight management and active recovery.
- Zone 2 "Light" 60-70 per cent: Improves basic endurance and fat burning. Recommended for everybody for longer and frequently repeated short exercises.
- Zone 3 "Moderate" 70-80 per cent: Improves aerobic fitness. Recommended for everybody for moderately long exercises.
- Zone 4 "Hard" 80-90 per cent: Increases maximum performance capacity. Recommended for everybody for shorter exercises.
- Zone 5 "Maximum" 90-100 per cent: Develops maximum performance and speed. Recommended for fit people and athletic training.
|Continuous Heart Rate||Yes with H7 Sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Suitable for Swimming||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Target HR Zone w/ Alarm||✓||✓||✓|
|OwnZone - personal heart rate zone||✓|
|EnergyPointer||Yes with H7 Sensor||✓|
|Fat burn percentage||✓|
|Training Diary Download||✓||Yes (with Flowlink) sold separately||Yes (w/Flowlink) sold separately|
Top customer reviews
It calculates the calories burnt during your workout, which seems to be a bit more accurate than My other Polar device. It is a simple tool if you want to track your progress an the gym- nothing too fancy or advanced.
The watch belt is a bit plastic-y but it feels ok during workouts.
And I use the watch on its own because it looks so good. It is pink not purple! Have never had any issues with the heart rate strap, and I've now had it for a little under a year.