Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £18.00 UK delivery
+ £14.99 UK delivery
Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
|Price:||£83.63 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£9.87 (11%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Continuous, accurate heart rate provides clear workout guidance
- Energy pointer tells you if the main effect of your training is fitness improvement or fat burning
- Smart calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- Comes with comfortable textile transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
- Downloads to free online training diary with optional flowlink accessory
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor has been designed for the use in fitness. It is aimed at athletes who wish to gradually improve the performance as well as learn about their progress and fats consumed. Compatible with mac. It features replaceable battery, keypad lock, date and time, light on screen, low battery indicator, menus in eight languages, water-resistant (30 m), two time zones, heart touch displays information without touching buttons, indicator target zone chart, average and maximum training heart rate, calories consumed, encrypted data transmission, target zones with visual and audible alarm, automatic target zone, manual target zone, training files, registration of weekly summaries and registration of total data.
- Polar FT7 training computer
- Polar H1 heart rate sensor
- FT7 quick guide
From the Manufacturer
Maximize Your Workout With The FT7
The FT7 heart rate monitor is an essential tool for those who want to lose weight and improve their fitness. Its easy-to-use smart coaching features such as Energy Pointer and Smart Calories will guide and motivate you to make every workout count.
Exercise Guidance and Motivation
Continuously displays your real-time heart rate during exercise. With this information you can gauge your intensity and stay within your target zone to maximise your workout. It's like a personal trainer on your wrist telling you when to slow down or speed up.
The FT7 doesn't just give you numbers, it helps you understand what you are doing and how to improve. After each workout, the FT7 will display a training summary with your average and max heart rate and calories burned. In addition, it keeps track of your last 99 workouts so you can see your fitness improvements.
In the Box
- FT7 Heart Rate Monitor
- H1 Heart Rate Sensor
- Getting Started Guide
H1 Heart Rate Sensor
Includes the comfortable H1 heart rate chest strap. The soft fabric chest strap sensor (also called transmitter) streams continuous, accurate heart rate to the FT7 wrist unit.
- Soft fabric materials adapt to your body shape so you forget it’s even on
- Convenient side hook mechanism makes it quick to put on when you want to start training and easy to take off when you’re finished
- Hand washable
- User replaceable battery
- Strap material: 38 per cent polyamide, 29 per cent polyurethane, 20 per cent elastane, 13 per cent polyester
- Tip: After each workout, detach H1 transmitter, rinse the strap with water and hang dry
Get the Results You Want
The FT7 helps you workout smarter and stay in your zone. Here's how: The FT7 automatically determines your heart rate target zone using your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). When you exercise out of the preset zone, it will give a visual and audible alarm. This real-time guidance motivates you to pick it up or slow it down. Before you know it, you're hitting your target zone, maximising your efforts and getting fitter, faster.
- Continuous, accurate heart rate
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Manual target zone – bpm (upper limit)
- Smart Calories: Uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- EnergyPointer: Shows whether you are burning fat or improving your fitness during your workout
- 99 training files (with summaries)
- Suitable for swimming
- Backlight and user replaceable battery
Polar Personal Trainer Online App
Join forces with other workout fans just like you and get more out of your exercise.
On the online app, you can plan your workouts in advance, analyze your results and share it all with your friends. Here you can also monitor your training load and avoid overtraining. Best of all, it’s completely free. To sync your FT7 heart rate monitor, you just need the optional FlowLink accessory (sold separately, not included.)
The Gym Companion
Bring the FT7 to the gym to track your heart rate and stay in your zone during group classes such as indoor cycling or yoga. Plus, it has coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk with other heart rate monitors in the area and a backlight.
The FT7 also includes an H1 heart rate sensor that syncs with compatible gym equipment. Whether you're jogging on your favorite treadmill or elliptical, your exact heart rate will be displayed.
The Original Heart Rate Monitor
Polar invented the world's first heart rate monitor and pioneered the Smart Coaching training approach that delivers faster progress and better results. Each Polar product includes Smart Coaching features that listen to your heart and interpret the data for you so you can train smarter. Here are the Smart Coaching features included in the Polar FT7:
- Smart Calories: Lets you know exactly how many calories you've burned during any activity, even playing with children and swimming.
- EnergyPointer: Shows whether you are burning fat or improving your fitness during your workout
How Heart Rate Training Works
When you exercise, you don’t always have to go faster or harder to get the best results. To reach your goals you just need to workout within the right heart rate intensity zone.
During exercise, there are specific intensity zones, each with a benefit. These zones are based on a percentage of your maximum heart rate- a number calculated by most Polar heart rate monitors. While working out you can use your max heart rate to calculate and follow the recommended zones below. Training in the right zone will help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Zone 1 "Very Light" 50-60 per cent: Improves overall health and helps recovery. Recommended for weight management and active recovery.
- Zone 2 "Light" 60-70 per cent: Improves basic endurance and fat burning. Recommended for everybody for longer and frequently repeated short exercises.
- Zone 3 "Moderate" 70-80 per cent: Improves aerobic fitness. Recommended for everybody for moderately long exercises.
- Zone 4 "Hard" 80-90 per cent: Increases maximum performance capacity. Recommended for everybody for shorter exercises.
- Zone 5 "Maximum" 90-100 per cent: Develops maximum performance and speed. Recommended for fit people and athletic training.
|Continuous Heart Rate||Yes w/ H7 sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Suitable for Swimming||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Target HR Zone w/ Alarm||Yes w/ H7 sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Fat burn per cent||✓|
|OwnZone - personal heart rate zone||✓|
|Training Diary Download||✓||Yes (w/FlowLink) sold separately)||Yes (w/FlowLink) sold separately)|
|STAR Training Program||✓|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Both our monitors came with a M to XXL sized soft strap for your chest. We ordered separately a XS to S sized soft strap via Amazon and this is a better fit for my wife as it fits chest sizes up to around 28 inches, whereas the supplied M to XXL soft strap has a minimum size of about 28 inches.
I chose Polar because the brand was recommended by a fitness trainer who is very experienced in Heart Rate training.
On the plus side: The Heart Rate Monitor watch unit is very easy to use and interpret. The band fits comfortably round my chest and the results seem very accurate (I compare with other gym users!). It's discreet to wear and the watch looks good outwith the gym.
If that was all, the product would get a 5 star review. However the big problem is the synchronisation with PolarPersonalTrainer. I could not get the Polar WebSync to download to my macbook despite meeting all the system requirements. I also tried it on an iMac, a PC laptop, contacted Polar support and enlisted the help of a specialist Mac IT contractor - no joy (although Polar support was helpful they wanted to remote access my computer and I didn't want to do this). In the end I bought a cheap tablet running Windows 10 and managed to upload my data from the watch to the PolarPersonalTrainer site. This is not without its headaches as the software is not optimised for tablets so keyboards etc don't appear when logging in, meaning I have to cut and paste information from another document. I then log into the website on a laptop or other computer.
Which leads me onto point 2: the PolarPersonalTrainer service. The set-up is relatively straightforward but the whole site could do with an upgrade.Read more ›
The first is the fact that you needed to buy an additional bit of kit to download the results to the PC and then the web. So really it's another £40 more expensive....
The second big failure for me was the data collected. While the watch shows your heart rate and zone information, I had assumed (wrongly) that it stored your heart rate throughout a session and that this could be viewed once you downloaded it.
It only downloads the averages which may be vaguely interesting but doesn't allow you to point to a particular drill that was causing un-needed stress.
Thirdly, the controls and display aren't really suitable for viewing actually while exercising as they are too small and it seems reasonably easy to pause a recording by accident...
As I bought this to aid swimming training, the feedback below may not be appropriate to runners or gym workers, but, anyway, the strap round the chest doesn't stay up and needs to be on the edge of "too tight" before it'll stay there for a session.
The only reason, I gave it a 2 star rather than a 1 star is that, with a basic workout, it performs it's limited functions reasonably well, and it's not a heavy clunky watch, it looks and feels light on your wrist.
All in all, I'd recommend spending a bit more money (like I'm going to do) and getting a slightly more useful training tool.
PS anyone wanting to buy a used FT7M?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Does anybody know why my watch has stopped working. Only had it 3 months but keeps giving me ridicilous heart rate readings like 200+ . It has been washed aswel.Published 27 days ago by sehdia arbab
Just what I needed. Allows me to work at the right rate - hard but not killing myself.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Arrived before the date given and was as advertised. My friend started using it straight away and loved it 😊.Published 1 month ago by Miss Leonie L George
Used when running.
Lightweight and fits comfortably although strap is slightly firm at the start it does wear in.
Nice simple features. Read more
Just received, it doesn't go on, I don't understand whether it's the watch or the battery and I can't contact the seller.