Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Shows when you're improving fitness based on your heart rate
- Displays calories burned
- Comes with comfortable textile transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
- Automatic age-based target zone - bpm
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Related products from Our Brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
For those who want basic heart rate-based features to keep their fitness training simple.
By activating KeyLock, training computer buttons are locked, and accidental presses do not cause problems, for instance, during training.
From the manufacturer
Your Workout. Only Smarter
The FT4 heart rate monitor helps you exercise smarter with its easy-to-use heart rate based features. Designed for active exercisers who want to track their intensity and calories burned during any activity.
Exercise Guidance and Motivation
Continuously displays your real-time heart rate during exercise. With this information you can gauge your intensity and stay within your target zone to maximise your workout. It’s like a personal trainer on your wrist telling you when to slow down or speed up.
After each workout, the FT4 will display a training summary with your average and max heart rate and calories burned. In addition, it keeps track of your last ten workouts so you can see your fitness improvements and stay motivated to reach your goals.
In the Box
- FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
- H1 Heart Rate Transmitter
- Getting Started Guide
For Any Activity
Take a class: Track your heart rate and stay in your zone during group classes such as indoor cycling or yoga. It has coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk with other heart rate monitors in the area and a backlight.
H1 Heart Rate Sensor
Includes the comfortable H1 heart rate chest strap. The soft fabric chest strap sensor (also called transmitter) streams continuous, accurate heart rate to the FT4 wrist unit.
- Soft fabric materials adapt to your body shape so you forget it’s even on
- Convenient side hook mechanism makes it quick to put on when you want to start training and easy to take off when you’re finished
- Hand washable
- User replaceable battery
- Strap material: 38 per cent polyamide, 29 per cent polyurethane, 20 per cent elastane, 13 per cent polyester
- Tip: After each workout, detach H1 transmitter, rinse the strap with water and hang dry
Get the Results You Want
Whether your goal is to lose weight, tone up or improve your overall fitness, the FT4 is the right workout companion. It helps you workout smarter and stay in your zone. Here's how: the FT4 automatically determines your heart rate target zone using your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). When you exercise out of the preset zone, it will give a visual and audible alarm. This real-time guidance motivates you to pick it up or slow it down. Before you know it, you're hitting your target zone, maximising your efforts and getting fitter, faster.
- Continuous, accurate heart rate
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Automatic age-based target zone – bpm/per cent
- Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- Includes H1 heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material
- 10 training files (with summaries and totals)
- User replaceable battery and water resistant (30 m)
- Suitable for swimming
- Time of day (12/24 h) with alarm and snooze
- Connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink (5 kHz coded transmission)
The Original Heart Rate Monitor
Polar invented the world's first heart rate monitor and pioneered the Smart Coaching training approach that delivers faster progress and better results. Each Polar product includes Smart Coaching features that listen to your heart and interpret the data for you so you can train smarter.
How Heart Rate Training Works
When you train, you don’t always have to go faster or harder to get the best results. To reach your goals you just need to train within the right heart rate intensity zone.
During exercise, there are specific intensity zones, each with a benefit. These zones are based on a percentage of your maximum heart rate- a number calculated by most Polar heart rate monitors. While working out you can use your max heart rate to calculate and follow the recommended zones below. Training in the right zone will help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Zone 1 "Very Light" 50-60 per cent: Improves overall health and helps recovery. Recommended for weight management and active recovery.
- Zone 2 "Light" 60-70 per cent: Improves basic endurance and fat burning. Recommended for everybody for longer and frequently repeated short exercises.
- Zone 3 "Moderate" 70-80 per cent: Improves aerobic fitness. Recommended for everybody for moderately long exercises.
- Zone 4 "Hard" 80-90 per cent: Increases maximum performance capacity. Recommended for everybody for shorter exercises.
- Zone 5 "Maximum" 90-100 per cent: Develops maximum performance and speed. Recommended for fit people and athletic training.
|Continuous Heart Rate||Yes with H7 Sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Suitable for Swimming||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Target HR Zone w/ Alarm||✓||✓||✓|
|OwnZone - personal heart rate zone||✓|
|EnergyPointer||Yes with H7 Sensor||✓|
|Fat burn percentage||✓|
|Training Diary Download||✓||Yes (with Flowlink) sold separately||Yes (w/Flowlink) sold separately|
Showing 1-8 of 11 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My main motivation for buying this was to improve my overall level of fitness and motivate myself to train at the right levels so I would definitely recommend it to heart monitor newbies, or anyone just wanting something simple without the frills.
Having said this, I am now thinking about increasing my level of training from basic fitness to include running outdoors in order to train for a first 10K run and half-marathon, in which case I may trade up to a more advanced model with GPS and automatic results upload in the next few months.
The missing 1 star is for:
- the lack of a basic black colour option (for women)
- results cannot be automatically loaded onto the Polar website
- only stores up to 10 workouts.
This watch could not be further away from my original. Had to change the battery on the belt in the first week and the watch repeatedly fails to connect to the strap. Sometimes the strap works with the gym equipment the connection to the watch is non existent. The display on the watch is difficult to read even with the backlight. It is truly an awful product and I will not buy another Polar watch again. A real disappointment but an all too often trend of great companies going downhill.
The only thing thats a bummer is that as its clearly a watch you can't turn it off to save battery, but apart from that really easy to use, took about 10-15 seconds to pick up my heart rate, fab.
If you're not an IT guru, I'd avoid this, hopeless waste of money, get the simpler versions!