- Explore our full range of fitness gear and clothing in the Fitness Store.
- Save on a huge selection of men's, women's and kids' watches and accessories in our Watch Deals store.
- Also check our best rated Sports Watch reviews
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Polar FT2 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Automatic age based target zone
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Heart rate shown in beats per minute (bpm)
- Heart touch - button free operation of wrist unit
- Heart rate based target zones with visual and audible alarm
- Manual target zone
- Coded transmitter belt
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Would you like to give feedback on images?
For recreational exercisers who want an easy start to fitness.
Polar FT2 Training Computer - For recreational exercisers who want an easy start to fitness.
- Shows you your average and maximum heart rate while exercising
- Automatic age-based target zone -bpm - To help you train safely and effectively, the training computer determines your heart rate target zone limits automatically according to your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). The limits are determined either in beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage (%) of your maximum heart rate, or as a heart rate reserve (% HRR). See also Maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) and Manual target zone.
- Heart rate shown in beats per minute (bpm) - Heart rate is the measurement of the work your heart does. Heart rate can be expressed as the number of beats per minute or as percentage of your maximum heart rate. Heart rate can also be expressed as a percentage of your heart rate reserve, meaning the difference between your resting heart rate and maximum heart rate (HRR = HRmax - HRrest). In Polar software or during strength training, heart rate can be displayed as a graphical trend.
- Heart touch – button free operation of wrist unit. When HeartTouch is on, different training information during training can be accessed without pressing buttons, for instance, when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
- Heart rate based target zones with visual and audible alarm - You can define your target zones for a training session based on heart rate to help define the right intensity. When you are out of the preset zones, the training computer will give a visual and audible alarm.
- Manual target zone - This feature enables you to define the target zone as you want and is suitable for your training. You can set the target zone for your training as beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, or as a percentage of your heart rate reserve (HRR%).
- Coded transmitter belt - Coded heart rate transmission automatically locks in a code to transmit your heart rate to the training computer. The training computer picks up your heart rate from your transmitter only. Coding prevents interference from other training computers.
- Easy to use product with one button functionality
- Wireless ECG accurate heart rate
- Training file memory (1)
- Time of day
- Date and weekday indicator
- Water resistant 30m
What’s in the box?
- Polar FT1 training computer
- Polar T31 coded transmitter
- Getting Started Guide
What is a heart rate monitor?
Celebrity personal trainer Matt Roberts always trains with a heart rate monitor and encourages his customers to do so:
“Put simply, regularly monitoring your heart rate is the best way to tell how effective your exercise is. I use a Polar heart rate monitor to keep track of how hard I’m working during every training session, but you don’t have to be a professional to feel the benefits of heart rate monitoring. I would recommend anyone, no matter how much or little they exercise, to wear a heart rate monitor when working out. It can give motivation by providing targeted workout zones according to your personal fitness level, to ensure you’re always training at the right level for you and your body. And by showing you how hard you’re working throughout exercise sessions, heart rate monitoring can help you to achieve your fitness or weight loss goals quicker and often with less effort than you think.”
Heart rate is individual and changes according to your exercise. The transmitter measures and sends the heart rate information to the watch unit and the watch unit displays the heart rate and exercise information. Put simply a heart rate monitor shows you how hard you are working.
Why train with a heart rate monitor?
Getting the most out of your training doesn’t always mean working faster or harder. The best way to improving and seeing results is to train at the right intensity. So with a heart rate monitor, you can make sure you’re not over or under training, and make each session count. Use Polar as your training buddy and you’ll have evidence of your progress – motivating you each and every time you train. Polar will help you achieve your goals:
To maximise weight loss, exercise intensity needs to be varied. With a Polar heart rate monitor you can control and monitor the intensity of your exercise. Most Polar heart rate monitors show you how many calories you have burned – great for motivation.
Polar heart rate monitors have a number of features to help increase your fitness levels. Look out for the Polar Keeps U Fit Program which gives you personal guidance on how often, how long and how hard you need to exercise to reach your personal fitness goals. In addition, there are running and cycling specific products with speed and distance features combined with heart rate to provide you with all the feedback you need to take your fitness to the next level.
If you are serious about your training and want to maximise your performance, look out for products with features such as Polar Sport Zones, Polar OwnOptimizer and products with Polar Pro Trainer 5 software which enables you to plan and create training sessions and analyse your training data in detail.
Why choose Polar?
As the inventors of the first heart rate monitor for training over 30 years ago, we’re truly specialists in the field. Since then we’ve been leading this category, and the world’s top specialists have been working on the most accurate and intelligent training computers and heart rate based features.
What makes Polar truly unique is that our features give guidance based on your personal information, and individual heart rate and its variation. The state-of-the-art intelligence of Polar products can tell you how much, how often and how hard to train. This is why so many top athletes use Polar training computers. But you don’t have to be a professional athlete to benefit from heart rate monitoring. At Polar, we understand how important training is to you. So we make it as much a part of our lives as it is of yours.
And our success is clear to see. Today, Polar employs 1200 people worldwide, manufactures all products in its fully owned factories, has 26 subsidiaries globally and manages a distribution network supplying over 35,000 retail outlets in more than 80 countries. Now that’s what we call the power behind Polar.
Polar is widely recognised as the leading product and the most respected brand for heart rate monitoring equipment and services in the sports industry. Polar is proud to have exclusive Partnerships with a number of high profile Sports Associations including:
UKA, PGMO, League Managers Association, England Hockey, Rugby League Match Officials, Rugby Football League and Rugby Football Union Women.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
One button does everything??!
You can't even see how long you have been running for while you are measuring your heart rate! Which is completely absurd. So you have to guess how long you are running for!
If you literally just want to see how fast your heart is beating at any given time, this is probably fine, but for anything else, get the higher level ones.
For £35 you cant go wrong with this watch. It has a chest strap which connects effortlessly to the watch and provides for an accurate and dependable reading, the chest strap also connects to the life fitness machines found at many gyms which is handy.
It also has a stop watch and built in file capability which allows you to store data. It also has the ability to set your minimum and maximum heart rate zones so as to easily show you what percentage you are working at.
Downsides to this watch include the exclusion of a back light which may be a problem if you like running at night and there arnt many lamp posts around. Id say the watch itself is of a plasticy build which some people may find a bit flimsy, i do think it will take the punishment of hard workouts though. Lastly its not really that waterproof and you should be aware of this fact when running in the rain, just dont press the button when its wet and you wont have a problem.
So for £35 im more than happy with what the watch offers. Il finish by saying that monitoring your heart rate is extremely important in exercise so that you know you are working in your target zone, you cant go wrong with a watch like this in your gym kit.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
use every day to keep an eye on my heart down the gym or walking the dog once I know what my fat burning rate isPublished 2 months ago by toon army
Love this watch but Ive lost the strap, which one will work with it?Published 3 months ago by C Harrington
this performs very well and helps me to achieve the performance levels I am afterPublished 7 months ago by A. R. Burnham
Works on all the gym machines to give my pulse rate. If I wear the watch I know how long I have exercised what my average heart rate was and the highest.Published 8 months ago by Ade x