- Explore our full range of fitness gear and clothing in the Fitness Store.
- Save on a huge selection of men's, women's and kids' watches and accessories in our Watch Deals store.
- Also check our best rated Sports Watch reviews
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Polar FT7 Men's Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- EnergyPointer, for letting you know if your workout is burning fat or improving fitness
- Polar OwnCal, for calculating the number of kilocalories expended during training
- Maximum heart rate training records
- Heart rate and record averages of total exercise
- Graphical indicators for defined heart rate zones
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
As the latest version of the Polar F7, the Polar FT-7 is a great heart rate monitor for any athlete, especially if he or she is concerned about overall fitness level. Able to distinguish between burning calories or burning fat, this Polar heart rate monitor delivers superior data so that you can train smarter to achieve your fitness goals. It offers: EnergyPointer, for letting you know if your workout is burning fat or improving fitness Polar OwnCal, for calculating the number of kilocalories expended during training Maximum heart rate training records Heart rate and record averages of total exercise Graphical indicators for defined heart rate zones HeartTouch, button-free operation Comfortable textile transmitter Wearlink coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk We highly recommend using this Polar heart rate monitor for the P90X (P-90X) Program or any other fitness program you're currently using. Also great for runners or general athletes. Available in several color options for men and women
From the manufacturer
Maximize Your Workout With The FT7
The FT7 heart rate monitor is an essential tool for those who want to lose weight and improve their fitness. Its easy-to-use smart coaching features such as Energy Pointer and Smart Calories will guide and motivate you to make every workout count.
Exercise Guidance and Motivation
Continuously displays your real-time heart rate during exercise. With this information you can gauge your intensity and stay within your target zone to maximise your workout. It's like a personal trainer on your wrist telling you when to slow down or speed up.
The FT7 doesn't just give you numbers, it helps you understand what you are doing and how to improve. After each workout, the FT7 will display a training summary with your average and max heart rate and calories burned. In addition, it keeps track of your last 99 workouts so you can see your fitness improvements.
In the Box
- FT7 Heart Rate Monitor
- H1 Heart Rate Sensor
- Getting Started Guide
H1 Heart Rate Sensor
Includes the comfortable H1 heart rate chest strap. The soft fabric chest strap sensor (also called transmitter) streams continuous, accurate heart rate to the FT7 wrist unit.
- Soft fabric materials adapt to your body shape so you forget it’s even on
- Convenient side hook mechanism makes it quick to put on when you want to start training and easy to take off when you’re finished
- Hand washable
- User replaceable battery
- Strap material: 38 per cent polyamide, 29 per cent polyurethane, 20 per cent elastane, 13 per cent polyester
- Tip: After each workout, detach H1 transmitter, rinse the strap with water and hang dry
Get the Results You Want
The FT7 helps you workout smarter and stay in your zone. Here's how: The FT7 automatically determines your heart rate target zone using your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). When you exercise out of the preset zone, it will give a visual and audible alarm. This real-time guidance motivates you to pick it up or slow it down. Before you know it, you're hitting your target zone, maximising your efforts and getting fitter, faster.
- Continuous, accurate heart rate
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Manual target zone – bpm (upper limit)
- Smart Calories: Uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- EnergyPointer: Shows whether you are burning fat or improving your fitness during your workout
- 99 training files (with summaries)
- Suitable for swimming
- Backlight and user replaceable battery
Polar Personal Trainer Online App
Join forces with other workout fans just like you and get more out of your exercise.
On the online app, you can plan your workouts in advance, analyze your results and share it all with your friends. Here you can also monitor your training load and avoid overtraining. Best of all, it’s completely free. To sync your FT7 heart rate monitor, you just need the optional FlowLink accessory (sold separately, not included.)
The Gym Companion
Bring the FT7 to the gym to track your heart rate and stay in your zone during group classes such as indoor cycling or yoga. Plus, it has coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk with other heart rate monitors in the area and a backlight.
The FT7 also includes an H1 heart rate sensor that syncs with compatible gym equipment. Whether you're jogging on your favorite treadmill or elliptical, your exact heart rate will be displayed.
The Original Heart Rate Monitor
Polar invented the world's first heart rate monitor and pioneered the Smart Coaching training approach that delivers faster progress and better results. Each Polar product includes Smart Coaching features that listen to your heart and interpret the data for you so you can train smarter. Here are the Smart Coaching features included in the Polar FT7:
- Smart Calories: Lets you know exactly how many calories you've burned during any activity, even playing with children and swimming.
- EnergyPointer: Shows whether you are burning fat or improving your fitness during your workout
How Heart Rate Training Works
When you exercise, you don’t always have to go faster or harder to get the best results. To reach your goals you just need to workout within the right heart rate intensity zone.
During exercise, there are specific intensity zones, each with a benefit. These zones are based on a percentage of your maximum heart rate- a number calculated by most Polar heart rate monitors. While working out you can use your max heart rate to calculate and follow the recommended zones below. Training in the right zone will help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Zone 1 "Very Light" 50-60 per cent: Improves overall health and helps recovery. Recommended for weight management and active recovery.
- Zone 2 "Light" 60-70 per cent: Improves basic endurance and fat burning. Recommended for everybody for longer and frequently repeated short exercises.
- Zone 3 "Moderate" 70-80 per cent: Improves aerobic fitness. Recommended for everybody for moderately long exercises.
- Zone 4 "Hard" 80-90 per cent: Increases maximum performance capacity. Recommended for everybody for shorter exercises.
- Zone 5 "Maximum" 90-100 per cent: Develops maximum performance and speed. Recommended for fit people and athletic training.
|Continuous Heart Rate||Yes w/ H7 sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Suitable for Swimming||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Target HR Zone w/ Alarm||Yes w/ H7 sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Fat burn per cent||✓|
|OwnZone - personal heart rate zone||✓|
|Training Diary Download||✓||Yes (w/FlowLink) sold separately)||Yes (w/FlowLink) sold separately)|
|STAR Training Program||✓|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After looking around I went for the Polar FT7 HRM
+Clear time indication (although day and date are a bit small and unclear)
+Easy one time setup eg, weight, and date of birth.
+One touch Start button to start recording your exercise
+One touch Finish button to stop recording your exercise.
+Waterproof (ok to swim and shower but don't press the buttons underwater!)
+Easy to use
+Records 99 exercise sessions and shows them in an easy to navigate graphical view. You can select a session and view duration, calories, max and ave heart rate among other stats.
+Shows calories burned over the last week.
+Shows pulse or % of maximum while exercising
+If you move the watch to the transmitter belt it temporarily shows the time
+User replaceable battery on watch and transmitter keeps the cost down
+The transmitter clips onto the strap so is easily removed.
+Strap is easily washed - Garmin recommend that you rinse the belt after each use and put it in the washing machine every week.
+The watch is very light in weight.
- There's no timer function so you can't measure how long you've been exercising or if you are in a race, how long you'be been running for.
- It's a bit thick for a watch and not particularly attractive.
Hope that helps someone!
It comes with a chest belt/strap and a little transmitter that you click on to the belt/strap with 2 pop press buttons (very easy).NO silly gels to use on the belt..hate that stuff so i'm really happy about that!
I'm chest size 32" and it fits nicely-you can adjust it too very simply if you want.It's a hook in style strap by the way,us ladies will be used to that hehee!
The screen is very easy to read.My partner also bought one in Black with Silver Stripe and just to let you know,the strap and face is bigger on the Black one compared to the Red one i have.He's over the moon with his watch too!
I'm sure there are better ones out there but one of the best USA gym PT trainers i know uses it and recommended it to me and said best to buy from Amazon,so we did and i'm soooo grateful to her and Amazon for this wicked buy-fantastic price and service:))
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
After much time spent troubleshooting I tried replacing the CR2025 battery in the Polar WearLink...Read more