Polar H7 Bluetooth 4.0 Heart Rate Sensor Set
|Price:||£39.00 - £115.89|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Understand your workout better and get more effective results with the Polar H7 Bluetooth smart heart rate sensor. This triple-action heart rate sensor provides your real-time heart rate to mobile training apps, many Polar products and compatible gym equipment.
- H7 heart rate sensor
- Soft chest strap
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Setting it up was a snap with the watch finding it right away and the iPhone apps just needing to be connected individually. I should point out though that at first I thought it was faulty at the unit does not show up in the Bluetooth list as I expected, but is connected though each apps settings screen (the user guide makes no mention of how the device works with an iPhone.)
Once you set up the device and set off, you see your heart rate accurately displayed not only on your watch, but on the app too; something I've found to be *highly* motivating when comparing work-out data as you can easily see your fitness and endurance levels improving with actual data, not just a 'feeling'.
In summary then, a superb product which (for me at least) has really helped me track and improve my fitness, but make sure you use the latest version of your apps for it to work on the iPhone 5.
*update* Since posting this, many of the apps have been updated for the iPhone 5. I can confim that the H7 now works perfectly with the latest versions of the most popular fitness apps (Runkeeper, Endomondo etc.).
*2014 update* Happy to report that the same H7 that I bought a couple of years ago is still working perfectly and still using the original batteries. It also works perfectly with the new Polar Loop.
Firstly it's Polar, which is a long standing brand with a reputation for making top of the range heart rate monitors.
Secondly, it supports Bluetooth 4.0. For those who don't know Bluetooth 4.0 is the low power version of Bluetooth, this means the heart rate monitor will go much longer on a single battery than a standard Bluetooth heart rate monitor. More importantly (for me anyway) it also means it is less of a drain on your phone battery while you are working out - important for those long runs when every battery % counts!
Finally rather than being rechargeable this uses a single CR2025 button type battery. My previous heart rate monitor came with a proprietary charging lead which I could never find when I needed it, with this one I can swap the battery out in seconds. No charging connectors and a sealed battery compartment means this is also waterproof so you can use it while swimming, assuming you have a waterproof phone.
An added bonus which I wasn't aware of when I ordered mine is that it also supports "gym link" so if your gym has compatible cardio equipment then all the machines will display your heart rate without you having to grip the handles on the machine. Tried it at my gym and it works like magic, you start running/peddling/cross training or whatever and your heart rate is detected in a couple of seconds. You don't have to set it up or anything.
Battery life is good, I always unclip one side of the unit from the belt when I'm not using it and I've been on the original battery for months with regular use.
Accuracy seems to be spot on with no spurious readings or drop outs during your workout.Read more ›
- Works really well: I've experienced no disconnection problems.
- Very comfortable / lightweight / unobtrusive.
- The strap is elasticated, making it very easy to fit & ensures it stays in place too.
- Feels like a quality product
- I initially wasn't sure what size to order, but then found this sizing guide (on a US website):
XS/Small - 20-30 inches
Med/XL - 30-45 inches
XXXL - 45-60 inches
- I have to "pair it" with my Concept2 rowing machine every time I use it - though this only take a few seconds each time (and I strongly suspect this a "feature" of the PM5 monitor on the rowing machine, not the Polar H7 strap).
- The Polar H7 instructions indicate that you should moisten the back of the strap before use, to ensure good electrical contact. The back of the strap where the monitor is located is plastic coated, so water rolls off it - so I simply moisten my chest instead (not a problem at all, but just thought I'd mention it!) - as I say, I've not experienced any disconnection problems.
- The heart rate monitor connects to the strap with a pair of clips. I have read that its good practice to disconnect one of the clips (to break the electrical circuit) when the strap is not being used, to prevent the batteries running down - this is extremely easy to do.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Supplied without packaging and unable to sync. Had to take apart and replace the battery to get it working. Not impressed. Wish I'd bought direct from polar.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Works as expected, no problem at all. I use it when I run, it provides measurements without any interruptions. Used it for half a year so far, no need to replace battery.Published 5 days ago by Alexander Makarov
I bought this sensor with a polar watch M400, I am very disappointed with this product. I had to change the battery every 3 months. Read morePublished 7 days ago by David
Good addition to Apple Watch as it keeps a constant read on your heart beatPublished 11 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is now my 2nd one of these after losing one I had for long while on holiday . For me it does exactly as expected . Read morePublished 13 days ago by CMB