TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 November 2011
Ahh Poirot, the detective who always sees the complete picture. This story was first published in 1936, which is a compliment to Christie, because her stories short and long are still enthralling fans even after so many years. This one is about a diamond that disapears in a room full of suspects. It is a great read and I enjoyed the added info in the back, which gives the reader hyperlinks to FB, online games and DVDs.
on 20 August 2012
As the author of 1920s Detective stories Trouble Brewing (Jack Haldean Murder Mysteries) I'm always happy to acknowledge Agatha Christe as the absolute Queen of Crime. The Regatta Mystery is a short story (hence the price) and a wonderful introduction to one of the cleverest mystery writers who ever lived. It stars Parker Pyne, one of Agatha Christies continuing character. Not so well know as Miss Marple or Poriot but jiust as much fun. The Dartmouth background ideftly evoked - its a place she knew vey well - and it all adds up to an excellent story. Read, savour, enjoy!
on 5 April 2013
Don't waste your money. This is not a short story it is a short chapter! Poirot is very clever as usual but this should be a free Kindle book, not 49p. I read it in 10 minutes and was amazed I had finished it so quickly.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 January 2013
I read Poirot and the Regatta Mystery very quickly. It might be short (half an hour reading at most) but it is a good read. Size does not matter when it comes to Ms Christie's talent.
Here Poirot does not really investigate. He is listening to someone who was involved with the party where the robbery took place and who feels he is a suspect, even though he has not been accused.
Poirot's little grey cells start to work and... we have the solution to the mystery in no time.
I do not usually like short stories but this one was an exception and has prompted me into buying more of Agatha Christie's short mysteries.
And at 0.49p each mystery, why not?
on 13 April 2014
Having read other Agatha Christie Novels, I was looking forward to delving into a story that I had not heard of. Unfortunately Amazon had not advertised this book as a novella. So, having purchased it on kindle was disappointed to come to the end of the story within minutes.

There was not enough time to develop any of the mystery subtlety that would normally come with a Christie story.

I don't really judge Christie for my lack of enjoyment. I presume it was one of the stories she churned out for a bit of dosh, but I feel that it is Amazon's responsibility to make it clear when the book is only of novella length.
on 28 March 2014
When selected had not realised quite how short book was so very dissapointing. In future will make me investigate further before selecting.
on 28 January 2014
Another interesting Agatha Christie short story with Poirot using his little grey cells to trap a suspect into giving vital information without he/she realising it. A nice read to fill a spare hour during the day or evening. If you are used to reading long novels with lots of padding building up to a climax, the you may find short stories more to the point, though lacking in detail.
on 1 December 2013
This story was shorter than I expected. I did have good idea of who the guilty party was, and I homed in straight away to the main clue. I think to fully enjoy the mastery of Agatha Christie it is probably necessary to read her full length books.
on 17 December 2013
A well written short crime story,regarding the theft of an extremely valuable diamond, and the solving of it by the good detective, Hercule Poirot..
A cute little story, just right for a quick read in bed.
Very enjoyable.
on 15 July 2012
This was an enjoyable novella of a short Agatha christie story but NOT a full book.Dont be conned. If you want a full Agatha Christie you will have to pay more for it I think. Light entertainment value for a short journey.