Pointing the Finger: Islam and Muslims in the British Media Paperback – 1 Apr 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'A timely and important book. With critical analysis of recent media coverage and suggestions for positive action, the authors advance the study of essential issues faced by multicultural societies today.' --Elizabeth Poole, Senior Lecturer in Media Studies, Staffordshire University and author of Reporting Islam: Media Representations of British Muslims
'Required reading for scholars, students, activists, and journalists. A forensic examination of how Muslims are misrepresented in Britain's media.' --Arun Kundnani, Author of The End of Tolerance: Racism in 21st Century Britain and Visiting Fellow, London Metropolitan University
'This excellent collection of timely essays should be read by all with a civic concern for the growing divisions in our society.' --Tariq Modood, University of Bristol
'Beautifully balanced...Given the wealth of detail held within the text, it is remarkably easy to read and digest.' LeftCentralSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Religious History > Islam
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Islamic Studies