- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Watson-Guptill Publications Inc.,U.S.; First Printing edition (23 Nov. 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0823040674
- ISBN-13: 978-0823040674
- Product Dimensions: 23.5 x 23.6 x 1.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,377,441 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Poetic Landscape: A Contemporary Visual and Psychological Exploration Paperback – 23 Nov 2000
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
An exploration of what constitutes the "poetic" in landscape painting today. It examines ways for artists in all mediums to express the poetic in their painting. According to Elizabeth Mowry, a master of the poetic landscape genre, a key element of his genre is evoking an emotional response in the viewer, which is achieved by the artist's arrangement of natural elements as deeply expressed through his or her imagination, intellect and feelings. The paintings that grace these pages are all visual illustrations of the book's concept of the poetic landscape. Paintings are examined through the specific concerns for achieving the special sense of time and place found in these landscapes such as colour, time of day, time of year, atmosphere and weather; as well as capturing the more illusive qualities that define this genre, such as a sense of place recognition, leading and letting go, and grace of line.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Painting & Drawing > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Subjects within Art > Nature, Still Lifes & Landscapes
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats