- Paperback: 680 pages
- Publisher: The Grimsay Press (12 Dec. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0902664905
- ISBN-13: 978-0902664906
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 3.8 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,403,716 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Poems and Songs and Correspondence of Robert Tannahill Paperback – 12 Dec 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Robert Tannahill (1774-1810) was a near contemporary of Robert Burns (1759-1796), in memory of whom he formed the Burns' Anniversary Society in 1805. The First Edition of his Poems appeared in 1807. David Semple's edition, published seventy years later, fixes the poet firmly in his context, both historical and geographical. All known works and correspondence are included. Notes specific to each poem, song or letter explain the background and references. A substantial biography is supported by a Map and Guide to the Gleniffer Braes - 'Tannahill Country', an extensive Appendix, Glossary, and Index.