Poems Of The Pearl Manuscript: Pearl, Cleanness, Patience, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight: Fully Revised Fifth Edition with New Introduction and ... on CD-ROM (Exeter Medieval Texts and Studies) Paperback – 18 Dec 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Malcolm Andrew and Ronald Waldron have fully revised their standard edition of the four poems of the Pearl-poet. The translation, along with the updated and extended critical and explanatory material, will render the new edition an extremely valuable resource for students at all levels. -- C.J.S. Medium Aevum Vol LXXVII 2008 I recommend to readers this revision of an edition that several generations of students and teachers have preceded me in endorsing. In a book of manageable size, the editors have succeeded in reconciling reliable scholarship with modern accessibility, and in balancing attention to individual poems with encouragement to explore the Gawain-corpus as a whole. Their edition provides a setting that can only deepen twenty-first-century appreciation for these luminous Middle English poems. Parergon - s, volume 26.1 2009 The fifth edition, overall, is a tremendous achievement, and secures Andrew and Waldon as the authoritative critical text and student edition of these poems. The Year's Work in English Studies, vol. 88, no. 1 2009
About the Author
Malcolm Andrew is Professor of English Language and Literature at Queen's University Belfast. Ronald Waldron is Emeritus Reader in English Language and Medieval Literature at King's College, University of London.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Having made the choice of a paperback at a very reasonable price rather than the hardback at nearly £60, I was not expecting either the very rapid delivery or the pristine condition of the book. The standard of typography and design is very high, the glossary excellent, footnotes well laid out, and the CD-ROM "translation" a real bonus.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Poetry & Poets
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Poetry > By Period > Classical, Early & Medieval
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Mysticism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Poetry
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Spirituality
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology