- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: JP Medical Ltd; 1 edition (2 Jan. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1907816577
- ISBN-13: 978-1907816574
- Product Dimensions: 1.3 x 11.4 x 17.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 510,705 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Pocket Tutor Renal Medicine Paperback – 2 Jan 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
David Oliveira PhD FRCP Professor of Renal Medicine, St George's University of London Debasish Banerjee MD FRCP FASN Consultant Nephrologist, Clinical Subdean, St George's Healthcare NHS Trust, London Daniel Jones PhD FRCP Consultant Nephrologist, Hon Senior Lecturer, St George's Healthcare NHS Trust, London Iain MacPhee DPhil FRCP Hon Consultant Nephrologist, Reader in Renal Medicine, St George's University of London Stephen Nelson MD FRCP Consultant Nephrologist, St George's Healthcare NHS Trust, London Joyce Popoola PhD MRCP Consultant Nephrologist, St George's Healthcare NHS Trust, London Seema Shrivastava PhD MRCP FHEA Consultant Nephrologist, St George's Healthcare NHS Trust, London
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is divided into chapters on AKI, CKD, primary and secondary glomerular disease, electrolytes, acid-base disorders, hypertension, tubulointerstitial disease, hereditary disease and urological nephrology.
Given the wide range of topics to be covered and the inevitable overlap between some of the chapters, the text reads as though 224 pages were perhaps not quite enough. For those looking for acid-base calculation practice, they should buy Pocket Tutor Understanding ABGs & Lung Function Tests (Pocket Tutor Series), reviewed separately, instead.
Like all of the books I have seen from this new and rapidly-expanding series, it works best if used as an introductory text or revision aid. Rather than replacing the Oxford Handbooks series, the Pocket Tutor series is a useful adjunct, probably best suited to use by clinical medical students and foundation doctors.
Simplifies the different types of renal disease and renal syndrome classification for easier revision.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Renal
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Urology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z