on 18 December 2013
This is a great movie on every level. It appeals to kids, it appeals to adults and it also appeals to anyone who loves musicals with great songs.

But first: who Amazon's 'in-house' reviewer Tom Keogh is...I have no idea (his review is the one that you read just under the product details). His sarcastic, nasty & sour review of this movie is a disgrace. My advice is to you (the reader) is:...don't pay any heed to his twisted & bitter little review of this good Movie. Use you're own judgment...and see how far off the mark he is.

Back to the film: the story is universal - boy meets girl from the wrong tribe (shades of West Side Story) to the disapproval of their elders & peers etc. But they continue seeing each other and this eventually leads to confrontation. There are also serious anti-war messages woven through the fabric of this film, and they are put across through the songs and the action.

But apart from the flawless animation, it's the music that really 'grabs' you from the get go: from the opening drums in the first main song 'Hega Hega ya-hi-ye Hega' - to the splendid 'Just around the river bend' - to the absolute show-stopping ensemble piece 'Mine, Mine, Mine' sung by Governor Radcliffe and the cast, - and also the evocative 'Colours of the Wind'.

Why Disney Corp. haven't turned this movie into a full blown stage musical like they did with the Lion King...is beyond me. It's a no-brainer. Great story - great songs - great setting, what more do you want?

I cannot recommend this movie highly enough. If you are an adult, don't let the fact that it's a animated movie put you off, it's a great film.

Sit back and enjoy!

All the best!
5 people found this helpful
on 22 March 2017
Love this film watched it years ago got this for my 8 year old to watch
on 7 March 2018
Family Fun ok.
on 17 March 2015
a delightful film for young girls. My grand daughter loves it. Unlike Barbie, Pocahontas looks beautiful and natural but has tremendous strength of character and is really . Can you imagine Barbie diving off a cliff into a lake?
on 30 January 2018
Great film
on 10 December 2017
excellent film
on 26 March 2015
I really love and i'm so glad that the song If I Never Knew You is in the film. This movie is one of my favorite Disney movies and Pocahontas is one of my favorite Disney princess. :)
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 17 January 2015
Gift for daughter who is on a mission to get every Disney DVD so I helped by buying her over 60 for christmas , it is Disney they do not make bad movies they are all great
on 12 July 2017
Love this film and has so many hidden messages of love and life enjoyed it very much delivered fast
on 23 April 2009
Pocahontas (Special Edition) [DVD] [1995]
This is one of my personal favourite Disney animated movies therefore I am biased in saying Pocahontas is a very excellent film with great songs, humour, and action suitable for the whole family. I purchased it for myself but my children love it too.