on 20 May 2006
A very compelling and informative book,I enjoyed it from cover to cover. As someone who lived through the second World War, I found the photos of pre war Plymouth,together with the ones of the bomb damage and the people who lived and served in the city,very interesting.

With over 200 photos and informative text,I think this is the best book I've read about Plymouth and this period.I've read other weighty tomes about the subject but have never found one as good as this.

A job well done and I look forward to Mr Tait's next book very much.
on 24 May 2006
A very enjoyable and informative read - I've already read it twice and lent it to several friends.

I'm amazed that so many excellent photos were found by the author and it really stirs up memories of the time and events.

I very much enjoyed the interesting captions too. Not stuffy or dull like some history books, I almost felt like I was there!

Definately recommended!
on 2 January 2013
Was given this book for Christmas as I have a keen interest in the history of my home city. I found this rather disappointing - postage stamp size pictures and uninspiring commentary. I suppose you get what you pay for though at £9.99.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse