on 15 September 2005
Anybody currently enroled on the Basic Plumbing Skills level 2 course will find this book useful and helpful.
The book covers all the course units and has simple step by step instructions.
The book explains in detail all basic plumbing skills level 2 reqirements in both theory and practical with the aid of coloured illustrations.
One of the other advantages of this book is the self assessment questionaire, formatted similar to the City & Guilds end of unit examinations.
on 2 October 2005
I cannot rate this book highly enough. I am on my second year of the City & Guilds Basic Plumbing Skills Level 2 and this book by John Thompson has brought the subject to life.
It is easy to read and has the most wonderful diagrams and photographs that the Treloar & Blowers books recommended on the course cannot compete with.
Simply Superb !!!!!!!
on 22 May 2006
We use this book because of its simplicity and clarity here at PPL Plumbing Training in York. Our students come from a wide range of educational backgrounds and having a good quality course book really makes the difference. The book has easy to follow diagrams, clear and concise explanations and self test pages which are invaluable - five out of five!
on 16 July 2008
I am on an intense plumbing course and was struggling to read though paragraphs of text from other books. I'm so glad I found this book. Plumbing, being a practical subject, isn't always easy to follow in written form, but they have really broken the subject down. They use lots of bullet points (instead of just paragraphs) which make it easier to visualise and follow; larger type, which I find makes it easier and quicker to read; clear headings, so you are able to find the topic you want quickly; as well as lots of pictures, diagrams, tables, etc.

Plumbing NVQ and Technical Certificate: Level 2 by JTL also cuts out a lot of unnecessary waffle, but if you don't feel you have gone into something in enough depth then you can always refer back to the (yawn) Trelor and/or Blower's books.

If you are a practical person (I presume you are otherwise you wouldn't be studying plumbing, haha) and learn in a practical way, then this book should really help you.
on 2 October 2007
Best book for level 2 and general plumbing practices. Simple to use and good clear diagrams in colour(most others are monochrome and look like a child has drawn them).
on 7 January 2013
My son needed this for college, as usual tells me at the last minute, so ordered it and it came next day.
on 3 November 2013
Very good. Bought as a gift and got very good feedback indeed from the recipient. Would highly reccomend. A great book for those interested in plumbing. No problems.
on 26 June 2010
requied if you are doing nvq 2,but dose not give you everthing you need for the tests,even though it was writen for the course.
on 8 October 2013
I don't do plumbing anymore since the 'ball cock' incident. So its with great sadness that I can only award it 1/2 out of ten.
on 17 October 2014
This book was'nt for me but my daughter. But she has said that it is fantastic. I hope that she does ok in the trade.