Plumbing: Heating and Gas Installations Paperback – 30 May 2000
|New from||Used from|
|Paperback, 30 May 2000||
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
* The leading textbook for NVQ/SVQ students covering both levels 2 and 3
* Updated with new regulations and standards
* Revised to cover the new NVQ and SVQ programmes
* Features for the first time lots of photographs, with all diagrams redrawn
* From an Amazon review: Excellent book covers all you need to know --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Author
This book covers the full range of topics at NVQ level 2 and 3. It also has additional material for the professional plumber. The information is very east to access making this a great handbook for dipping in and out of. Most topics are covered in a two page spread so the layout is very user friendly. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As another reviewer has already stated, there are drawings rather than photos but for me it does not reduce the value of the book, instead it just reduces the price of the book - and that's not a bad thing. It would have been physically a more attractive book with good photos but don't let that put you off.
The book is crammed with information which is well presented and straightforward to follow.
If you are an aspiring plumber don't hesitate to get this book.
I would recommend this book as an excellent general home reference, if you simply just want to understand home plumbing or are brave enough to add a radiator to your home.
It is well written, informative and carries a sufficient level of relevant information & pictures/diagrams on all types of issues related to plumbing.
I do like the other sections in this book relating to leadwork etc... this is a dying art amongst plumbers and very few books if any cover this topic in any detail.
Don't let this put you off the book though. Lead is a small section and most of the book is relevant to todays modern plumbing techniques!
I would highly recommned it after having searched for many other similar titles, I found this one to be the best! An excellent book!
As an aid to NVQ Level 2 Plumbing it is invaluable as it provides a structure that is often lacking in the college!
A good buy!
I was initially rather dubious, especially after reading Andy Mason's review which indicated that the book was all about measurements ... what a load of rubbish. Yes, on pages 124 to 127 there is a section on sizing hot and cold pipework but that's about it. So far I have read through parts 1 and 2 and only encountered a few pages of numbers, formulas etc ... all of which if you're doing a C&G Level 2 or NVQ 2 will be very useful.
This book is excellent for allowing you to do some quick revision and/or reviewing before sitting an exam OR after having done other reading and studying as a way of dotting the "i"s and crossing the "t"s.
Get it if (like me) you're doing your C&G/NVQ level 2 and/or 3.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Full of useful information, well laid out and easy to follow, will be a good point of reference for a long time. Www.sure-tek.chPublished 13 months ago by Suretek
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > DIY & Home Improvements > Plumbing
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering