Plugable USB 3.0 to VGA / DVI / HDMI Video Graphics Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 2048x1152 / 1920x1080 (Supports Windows 10, 8.1, 7, XP)
|Price:||£53.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£7.00 (11%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Connect multiple additional monitors to your Windows laptop, desktop, or tablet (one adapter required per monitor)
- Plug-and-play USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connectivity. Widest possible monitor support via DVI-I output and both VGA and HDMI adapters included in box. Supports resolutions up to 2048x1152
- Robust built-in USB 3.0 cable to maximize durability. Built-in cable is backward-compatible with USB 2.0
- Windows 10/8.1/7/XP drivers available via Windows Update, download, or disk. Mac OS X and Linux not supported. Suggested for use with web/productivity software. Gaming not supported
- We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7, XP. (Drivers can be automatically installed via Windows Update or downloaded direclty from Plugable.)
- Supports monitors/projectors and PC-compatible TVs up to 1920x1080.
- Compatible with DVI, VGA, and HDMI displays. (Passive VGA and HDMI adapters included!)
- Requires Intel / AMD / Nvidia main GPU and up-to-date WDDM-compliant drivers for best perfromance and compatibility.
- When connecting to a USB 3.0-enabled system, current USB drivers are suggested for best perfromance and compatibility.
- Backwards compatibile with USB 2.0 systems.
- USB graphics require 2GHz dual core or better CPU and 2GB RAM for best performance.
- Suggested for use with web/productivity software; not recommended for gaming.
- Mac OS X, Linux/Unix not supported
- Not recommended for gaming or HD video playback.
- DVI does not carry an audio signal, so the adapter does not support audio playback through attached display.
- Does not support HDCP, and will not allow for playback of encrypted Bluray disks or copy-protected content.
- Single-Link DVI connection; does not support dual-link DVI displays.
- Cannot be mixed with non-DisplayLink USB graphics adapters and drivers (e.g. MCT, j5, or SMSC).
What's in Box
- UGA-3000 USB 3.0 Display Adapter with a robust, built-in USB 3.0 cable
- Driver CD
- Quick Start Guide
- DVI to VGA Adapter
- DVI to HDMI Adapter
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I can't comment on the picture quality as I never got that far.
July 2013 - An update...
As you can see I wrote the above negative review after purchasing the plugable USB 3.0 UGA adaptor as the lead kept falling out of the unit. I returned the unit to Amazon and received a prompt full refund.
However, shortly after posting this review, plugable customer support (based in the US) emailed me asking me if I would like a replacement unit. Although I was impressed by their follow up I had just returned the unit to Amazon so I had to decline their offer, I thought no more about this...
About a month ago plugable contacted me out the blue and said that they had been listening to customer feedback and redesigned the unit and would I mind testing it? As I still needed a USB to video adaptor I said that I would be happy to.
About a week later I received the package (from US) with the re-designed adaptor. The principle is still the same, a USB 3 plug for the PC / laptop end and the other end of the 1 meter lead then plugs into the plugable UGA adaptor (sorry I don't know the plug specification). Your monitor / TV lead then plugs into the interface at the other end of the plugable UGA adaptor. The UGA adaptor has an inbuilt DVI interface but also included in the box are a DVI to HDMI interface and a DVI to VGA interface, so most devices will be catered for.
No power adaptors are needed as the device takes its power from the USB 3 port.Read more ›
The second concern is that the performance would be rubbish on my laptop which is only USB 2.0... Well, I'm pleased to say that it works really well. I wouldn't dare to watch video on it (although a quick dose of flash video seemed to work fine) but as my third screen to read e-mail and long boring document on it works scarily well. Dragging windows between monitors is absolutely flawless - it works as well and snappily as the built in GPU, and if task manager is to be believed there's very little CPU/memory overhead from the included DisplayLink drivers.
Install was fine on my XP laptop. Plugged it in, Windows Update downloaded and installed the driver, and it worked immediately - adding a third monitor to my current dual header setup.
I purchased this one in particular due to the fact you can use VGA, DVI and HDMI outputs, most of the USB 3.0 capable ones are DVI/HDMI or VGA only. I also bought a USB 3.0 one because I wanted to futureproof my purchase.
I am extremely impressed by the Plugable products and wouldn't hesitate in buying them again, or in recommending them. I did have some pre-sales queries and they responded very promptly and gave me helpful answers, even warning me that my intended usage of running streaming webcams may not work properly. I still decided to buy this and everything works as I'd hoped.
For anyone running a multiple monitor set up, the addition of specialist multi-monitor software to control it makes everything a breeze. I use software called Display Fusion, [...] and would highly recommend it. The support is also excellent if you should run into problems.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The only problem I have found is when the system wakes from Sleep sometimes the device is no longer working and the only solution is a reboot, simply... Read more
This does exactly what it says on the tin. It is slightly more expensive than other products on here, but the quality is so much higher - even the install process looked good and... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
does exactly what it said, enabling my 23" 1920x1080 monitor to run from USB3
very straight-forward installation
config: HP Pavilion laptop I3/8GB/1TB - with cintiq... Read more
An excellent piece of equipment that works flawlessly with both Windows 7 (Enterprise) and Debian Linux. My only concern (so far) is the bulkiness of the adapter. Read morePublished 5 months ago by SoundHound
I tried other cheaper USB to VGA adapters which didn't work correctly. I was recommended these. Plugged in and worked first time with no problems whatsoever. Read morePublished 5 months ago by AndrewR89