Plugable USB 2.0 4-Port High Speed Charging Hub with 12.5W Power Adapter (BC 1.1 Charging Support for for Android, Apple iOS, and Windows Mobile Devices)
|Price:||£23.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£4.00 (14%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- USB 2.0 4-Port High Speed Hub. Includes a robust 12.5W 5V 2.5A power adapter. (EU & UK AC Mains, 100-240V 50/60Hz)
- Hub enables connecting 4 additional USB devices. Forwards and backwards compatible with all USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 host controllers and devices on Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix computers at USB 2.0 speeds up to 480 Mbps. Transfer rates are device and USB host controller dependent. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-plugged, supports USB over-current protection. Requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers).
- Apple notes: Note that some devices such as the Apple SuperDrive look for Apple-specific signaling and will not work when connected through any USB hub.
- Hub supports the USB Battery Charging 1.1 Standard (BC 1.1) for unique charge and data sync functionality that most hubs do not have. See "Power and Charging" below for more information.
- Master blue power LED. Sleek piano black glossy finish. Compact and portable design.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
Charge and Sync Almost Anything
USB has become more than a way of connecting devices to a computer with plug and play ease and high performance, it has also become the method of choice to power and charge a huge range of portable battery-powered devices like cell phones, tablets, USB battery packs, handheld game consoles, e-readers, e-cigarettes, cameras, smart watches, fitness trackers, bicycle lights, and many more.
Some of those mobile devices have adopted proprietary mechanisms to draw more power than USB was originally designed to allow which has caused confusion about charging but is now being solved by the USB-IF (USB Implementers Forum) Battery Charging standard.
The Plugable USB2-HUB4BC does everything existing USB hubs do, plus has support for the Battery Charging standard. So it’s a no-compromise solution for both gaining extra USB ports, and for charging the newer generation of BC Standard compliant devices. When a compliant device is attached it can charge at a faster rate (up to 1.5A vs 500mA of a standard port).
USB Battery Charging
Incompatible devices include early generation iPads and iPhones that don't use the Lightning connector, some older Android phones, and some of the larger Windows tablets. All of these devices require proprietary signaling and need a special charger.
USB 2.0 Connectivity
Even USB 3.0 devices work on this hub because of backwards compatibility. However, they will be limited to the USB 2.0 maximum of 480 Mbit/s.
The hub body measures 2.5" x 1.5" x 0.75", plus the external power adapter.
The power adapter is not required for basic, low current, non-charging USB connectivity (up to 100mA per port), but we recommend using it for most situations.
The hub pairs well with a Raspberry Pi because of it's diminutive size. In the snake-eating-tail configuration, this hub can provide 3 extra ports, and simultaneously power the Pi.
Since USB 2.0 has been ubiquitous for many years, nearly every operating system supports hosting USB 2.0 hubs. Common exceptions to this are some Android tablets using an OTG cable, and car stereos, which do not support USB hubs.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
See the user attached picture I have added to show how I have mine set up with some cable ties securing the whole kit to a bit of old wood.
Nice and compact.
It comes with a micro USB lead and a 2.5v mains power supply (UK and EU plugs included). For Pi use you will need to get yourself a second micro USB cable if you don't already have one lying around.
Use the provided micro USB cable to connect your Pi's USB slot to the hub's micro USB input. Then connect one of the hub's four USB slots into your Pi's micro USB power input, using your second cable (not provided). Connect the power supply to the hub, and you're all set up. Your Pi is powered, and now has 3 USB slots available on the hub ready to accept devices. And you've only used a single mains plug.
I love the fact that it comes with two types of mains socket (EU/UK plug) that can be changed very easily.
It's powered, it's got 4 USB 2.0 ports, high build quality and it works.
What more can you ask for?
I currently use to charge my S3 phone and Nexus tablet together and it does a fab job. It has 4 usb ports which is more than enough to power my gadgets. I also use it to power my led light for reading at night. Fab product.
The hub itself seems well made and is very light. It's small enough to be portable but also fits nicely under my desk. Both the power and USB data cables have plenty of length and seem to be of good quality. There is plenty of space between the ports (2 on each side) and they look like they'll be fine for various types of USB plugs and sticks.
I've only had the hub for a few hours so far but I'm very happy with the purchase and would strongly recommend picking one up.
I'll add some more detail for the RasPi-fraction (I also belong to):
- it's really small
- it also works with Beaglebone Black (which is more picky than the PasPi with USB), provided you have a cable connecting usb-A and barrel Type M
- the 5v-2.5A power-supply is an added plus
- any of the data-ports can be used for powering (most other devices only allow powering on a dedicated port)
- one might see missing USB-3 as weakness - but there sometimes are compatibility issues with usb-3 hubs and usb-2 masters, so for me this was a plus
- it's not really cheap, but I would call it a fair price for all it offers
- I really like the honest product description - this is not a one-shot for all product, but really works in places where other fail miserably
If I were asked how to enhance it: power-button would be nice, the blue light-strip is a bit too flashy and bright for me, and if the logo was a bit more modest, I'd prefer that too, but I consider these minor issues in view of the advantages.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice little unit that I use to power my raspberry pi (back charge) and expand the USB ports. More than enough for my needs.Published 23 hours ago by RA
I can't fault something that does exactly what it claims to do. I have been using mine regularly for over a year now, often with three or four devices attached, and it has never... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ellsee
Very pleased with this device. I routinely run my back up drive and keyboard through this hub, and also charge and update my SatNavs on it. All work and charge perfectly well.Published 10 months ago by Big C