- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Peachpit Press; 01 edition (16 Jan. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321839773
- ISBN-13: 978-0321839770
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 1.1 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (45 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 65,338 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Plug in with Nik: A Photographer's Guide to Creating Dynamic Images with Nik Software Paperback – 16 Jan 2013
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
John Batdorff is an award-winning landscape and travel photographer who splits his time between Chicago and Montana. He is the author of Black and White: From Snapshots to Great Shots, Nikon D7000: From Snapshots to Great Shots and a coauthor of Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots. His black and white images have been featured in the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. He also leads black and white workshops and mentors other aspiring photographers. John loves the outdoors and traveling, and sharing his images with others. See his work and read his popular photography blog at johnbatdorff.com.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
But it was a bad decision.
Although the author has a very light writing (very enjoyable, BTW), it's aimed to the very beginnner. Anyone that has already used the Nik suite will hardly find anything to learn from the book, even though it says "book level: beginning/intermediate". Don't fall for that!
That alone would ensure a bad review, but there're other two big issues:
1) the photos: they are VERY small throughout the book and hence very hard to see the effects suggested by the author. In order to see the effectts of using the filters we'd need much bigger photos.
2) although the book was published in 2013 the links provided by the author DO NOT lead to the stuff mentioned. Nik was sold to Google and all links redirect to a site where no add-ons are present and so on. Besides that, the author suggests that we go to his blog (or register with the publisher) to get extra templates, but there are just a bunch and most of the links to other stuff simply are not there.
All that said, why not give it just 1 star? Well, the author really has passion for his work and is able to transfer that through the pages! Besides, he writes lightly and that's ok.
This book is for people who DON'T HAVE Nik suite and are thinking on buying it or for ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS.
After struggling to fully understand the booklets that come with Nik products,my photographs have improved 100%
Not to say that the Batdorff book is poor, hence 4 stars - but , to me, there are better alternatives.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nik software is free and used with this book you can do almost anything you want to create great shots.
Easy to read and understand.
Good book to help you get into a fantastic PP software...Now free to downloadPublished 4 months ago by Jose PALMA
Excellent product with clear instructions for use with your free productPublished 5 months ago by John Baker
Not much info available in hard copy, this is the best "bible" available.Published 12 months ago by Tony Scarfe
Excellent book for me, an amateur...definitely worth.Published 16 months ago by Mihai Vasile GRIGORE
I have used the NIK Suite a great deal and so 'know' it well. I still found the book useful however as both an accompaniment to further exploration but mainly as a way of prompting... Read morePublished 20 months ago by Pb Dorman
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Beginners
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation