Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Please, could someone tell me if there is an episode you actually...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Sep 2011 20:45:06 BDT
Please, could someone tell me if there is an episode you can actually see the "dying" of David Tennants' Dr. Who?

I have all seasons region 2 of Dr. Who series, the 5th season starts with the Eleventh Hour episode, but something seems to me missing between the last episode of season four and the first episode of season 5.

Thank you so, so much. Cheers.

Posted on 10 Sep 2011 10:20:47 BDT
There's an entire season between season 4 and season 5. But - for production purposes - they didn't call it a season. Instead, they called it "The Specials". There are 5 specials after season 4 but before season 5. They are: "The Next Doctor" (Christmas 2008), "Planet of the Dead" (Easter 2009), "The Waters of Mars" (Fall Special 2009), "The End of Time - Part 1" (Christmas 2009), and "The End of Time - Part 2" (New Years Day, 2010). David Tennant's Dr also appears in the spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures in the third season, in the episode "The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith".

If you have Netflix streaming - "The Next Doctor" is shown as the last episode of Season 4, "Planet of the Dead" is only available on DVD (not streamed), while "The Waters of Mars" and "The End of Time" have their own Netflix listings outside of the rest of the Dr Who series. So the only one missing from Netflix streaming is "Planet of the Dead".

To answer your original question - Yes - at the end of the episode "The End of Time - Part 2" - you see the regeneration scene where Tennant's Dr becomes Smith's Dr.

Posted on 11 Sep 2011 18:21:50 BDT
Mondo Ray says:
Well, that answers my query too. Same problem as oMirone. I had subscribed from day 1 and I think after series four I got some old 70s stuff so I cancelled my subscription. Recently viewing them all with friends (complete series one through four), I thought, 'ang on, where's the regeneration? I hadn't thought of the season of specials as being in addition to what I had! I'll have to buy them now before I start buying the newer Smith stuff.

On a bittersweet note, I see the new series of Sarah Jane Adventures is almost upon us. Looking forward to that.

Posted on 21 Oct 2011 03:44:05 BDT
Well, someone should have noted that somewhere, for us new folks, watching Doctor Who for the first time. Rats! Now I have to wait until "Doctor Who, Complete Specials" arrives, before I jump in to the series 5 set.

Thanks so much for your info!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  7 Sep 2011
Latest post:  21 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions