Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > Sidetracked: Kurt Wallander forum

Please help with Scandinavian crime fiction research project!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Mar 2009, 12:41:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Mar 2009, 12:43:00 GMT
L. Fischmann says:
For my MA in creative writing, I am fortunate to be able to conduct research into the publishing phenomenon of my choice. For me, that has to be Scandinavian crime fiction. I'm looking for the opinions of fellow fans of this sub-genre.

If you'd like to take part, please complete my short online questionnaire (which can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/d2uslo - please copy and paste this url into your browser). It won't take long to do and can be completed anonymously.

Thank you.

Posted on 12 Aug 2010, 08:31:07 BST
I am a fan of the Wallander novels because they give an insight into the internal dialogues of a 40 something male. Mankell shows that the character's feelings of inadequacy, his passions and loves are similar to my own. He shows what his driving forces are what he is prepared to throw it ll away for (friends and loved ones). He is brave without recognising it and utterly loveable when he is also a complete plonker - like all men! He has complete integrity even when he is doing irrational and outrageous things and feels the guilt of a man who feels he is out of his time. What I like most is that Wallander is a loner, he has no sidekick, except the ghost of his dead colleague and when he is at his most insightful he is working completely alone and from his own instincts. I hope Mankell keeps writing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  26 Mar 2009
Latest post:  12 Aug 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Sidetracked: Kurt Wallander
Sidetracked: Kurt Wallander by Henning Mankell (Paperback - 20 Nov. 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars (121)