- Get £5 off qualifying orders of £25 or more. Today only. Ts&Cs apply. Enter code BIGTHANKS at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Please Mrs Butler: Verses (Puffin Books) Paperback – 30 Aug 1984
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Hilarious and poignant verses about primary school life. A real winner (Guardian)
Clever, funny and nostalgic, the collection is a delight (Sunday Times)
The most important 20th-century children's poetry book (Books for Keeps poll)
This witty collection of poems about school is full of typical classroom events that will be recognized and enjoyed by everyone: the candid revelations in a pupil's newsbook, the problem of copycats, bickering, making up, swaps, picking teams, and forming gangs. Fritz Wegner's line drawings beautifully complement the hilarious and poignant verses. "Please Mrs Butler" was voted the most important twentieth-century children's poetry book in a Books for Keeps poll.See all Product description
Customers who bought this item also bought
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book is an amazing comedy, that the Author Allan Ahlberg obviously had fun writing. The book is filled with crazy, adventurous poems, that brings the book to life! There are allsorts of characters, like teachers, kids and animals. This book explains the life of kids at school, and how they learn. This book would attract you to all of the poems and you will never want to let go of it! I think you will love this book, based on everything that's in there. I hope you all keep reading and enjoy it!