Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Learn more Fitbit

on 21 September 2013
brilliant present given at Christmas, worth every penny.
INSTRUCTIONS ON USING THE CAVE - only available on line, so in summary, the way you access the treasure care is by pressing the yellow button and watching the sequence of the lights. you then have to put the coins into the coin-shape on the floor in the order shown to open the treasure cave. sounds complex but you can set the sequence as your child grows, so starting with 1 up to 6 combinations.
If you are giving this for Christmas and don't like setting things up on the day, do it the night/day before as there are lots of bits and lots of instructions (I like this and think it is part of Christmas but I know not everyone does).
Playmobil are fab and my son spends hours on it!
on 7 July 2014
Fantastic set, breaks up in 3 pieces for easy storage. The light-show-game is really good, and both my 3- and 5- year olds were quite excited to play. Memorize the sequence of lights/animals, place the coins in the correct order in the right place, and the cave door swings open to reveal the treasure! The set has lots of secret slots were you can hide the coins, in order to spice the game up a bit. There are 5 levels of difficulty; at its easiest there's only one coin to find and use. I have seen a few other large Playmobil sets, but this one beats them hands down, in functionality, longevity and quality.
on 18 December 2012
This is a great addition to the Playmobil Pirate range, the only thing that is slightly annoying is the swamp the pieces are so tiny they get everywhere!
on 14 April 2013
I ordered this for my grandson and he recons it's the best present he has event had. if that does him, that does me.
on 4 February 2013
My 6 year old loves pirates and Playmobil so this was perfect. He loves it. It has so many bits to play with.
on 25 March 2014
I bought this for my son's Christmas and he loves it. He also loves the sound effects and the door that opens. One thing that is very very annoying and I'm sure everyone who has bought this will say the same thing. The orange plastic bits that make the quick-sand just go everywhere!! Very very annoying! To the point of me tipping it all out into a container so stop me constantly picking it off the carpet and to stop it getting dragged all through the house. The quick-sand part is a good idea but surely there is another way of making it?? Apart from that it is very good. Again, some of the detail bits like, the brown tips of the plants that stick in the ground are annoying and so small. Could they not just be painted on? Again like with the Princess Castle, the added bits they got with their advent calendars are good extras for the playset. Love Playmobile but there are always just too many little bits.
on 15 January 2014
My son had this for Christmas and he loves it. Whether it really needed the electronic gadgetry is debatable in my opinion. Playmobil is so much fun and has so many detailed accessories that he probably would have had just as much fun without the treasure game that is integral to it. It's cool to see the cave light up and make mysterious music, and the booby trap for a wrong answer provides a giggle, but I expected more in terms of difficulty. Once you have done it a few times there is little more to discover. However, as a piece of Playmobil kit it will be a great addition to his collection and will provide plenty of fun just as an island. The biggest gripe for me is the lava - this set cannot have been designed by a parent, with seemingly millions of lava nodules which just get everywhere and are a devil to pick up because they are so flat and shiny. That aside, expect good Playmobil quality as always.
on 26 December 2015
Very disappointed. I spent a huge chunk of Xmas morning building this for my very excited 3 1/2 year old. He couldn't wait to play with it. He was absolutely distraught when we couldn't get the door of the cave to close. It makes the game totally unplayable so I've had to pack it all away to return. Sadly not available as a replacement. Refund only. So my son doesn't get a main present from me this year.
on 21 February 2015
Great imaginative toy, as ever with playmobil. Usual nightmare to set up, but worth it. Only problem was that we were missing one of the coins to access the treasure, hence the four star review. Not worth hassle of returning and can buy cheaply online if desired but we haven't got around to it yet as we found it isn't really required to play with the set.
on 7 July 2014
Bought for 5yo birthday present to go with the pirate ship bought at Christmas. Great addition to the group. Game is interesting and lots of areas to keep him amused. The only down side is the "quicksand" goes everywhere. My 3 yo thinks it is great fun to throw it around the house.

See one answered question