Customer reviews

Playing The Field: Series 1 And 2 [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 25 April 2012
Having enjoyed this series so much when it was on the tele, I decided to purchase what I thought was the whole series (1-4). Well, to be honest I couldn't exactly remember how many episodes there were,as it was on the tele a while back now, but I assumed I was purchasing the whole series! And what do you know! I got to the end of series 4 and its finished with a cliff hanger, its not the whole series at all as I thought, and it appears you are not able to purchase series 5 anywhere. For goodness sakes why not? As someone commented previously, you should be warned when you buy series 1-4 that you are not purchasing the full series and that you are not able to buy the last bit, ie:- series 5. (I have only just read the previous comments while making this comment!) oh well, never mind, but it is rather annoying being left with a cliff hanger as I can't remember now how the series finishes. And another thing, how come a good series like this has not been repeated on the tele, they repeat plenty of other stuff over and over, and some of its complete tripe!
7 people found this helpful
on 3 February 2017
playing the field series 1 and 2 football player theresa mullin is due to get married all the family attend the wedding eventually the groom turns up and the team spend the next six weeks fighting to stay in the league. both series very enjoyable to watch . the blues football womens team drama written by kay mellor starring james ellis lorraine ashbourne melanie hill debra stephenson ricky tomlinson and many more. brilliant dvd bargain
on 22 December 2013
I cannot praise this series enough,i watched it years ago on tv and recently bought all the series 1-4.What a treat,great characters,real people,enjoyable storylines all enhanced by great British actors.Leslie Sharp,James Nesbitt,Debra Stephenson,Melanie Hill ,Nicholas Gleaves who plays Mr Nasty Rick Powell and Lorraine Ashbourne,to name but a few.My husband is watching it for the first time and does not want it to end.Buy it now!
2 people found this helpful
on 15 January 2008
This show is fantastic!
I just bought it on a wim because I heard people talking about it and Ive seen some of its actors in other brilliant things over the years but it was never aired here....I watched series 1-4 in about a week :-)
The writing is brilliant so are the actors. I adore the Mullen family and everyone else. You either love the characters, or in some cases you love to hate them!
I really want the last series to make my collection complete :-( I hope it comes soon or I feel a little cheated...I need the end!
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 April 2018
Good stories, which have withstood the test of time.
on 4 May 2018
loved it
on 29 August 2017
Great series.
on 10 May 2016
Fantastic series, hoping all will become available
on 29 January 2016
Loved it this series. Good price pretty next episodes still very expensive😒
on 5 February 2012
One of the best series of the many that we regularly order.......five minutes after the end of Series 2 we ordered 3 and 4..........so true to life, the characters are so well cast. Only problem....why can't we order series 5 ??? It exists but does not seem to be available from Amazon!!!