Customer reviews

on 17 November 2013
A great book. It explains the math behind many fractals, comes with readymade source code (and explains the code) so you can mess about with it yourself and experiment thereby getting a lot from both the fractal and the code to display them. The book anticipates correctly that the reader will go straight to the mandelbrot set (which I did) and provides a good bit of javascript that not only displays the set but provides the code to zoom in and explore different regions iin greater detail. Loved it.

The code works a treat once you get to grips with some of the keyboard commands.

If you want to explore fractals this is a good book to do it with. Highly recommended.

As an aside: I bought the kindle version. I saw the Panorama investigation into the appalling conditions Amazon staff are put under and I was shocked by it. At least buying the kindle version I haven't contributed to that stress since no physical item had to be picked. From now on I will keep voicing my concern at the way Amazon treat their staff through my reviews. Long live free speech!
2 people found this helpful
on 20 February 2015
Fantastic introduction to fractals with very clear explanations and examples. It's structured in a beautifully balanced way that provides you with ample understanding and some solid techniques to go off exploring yourself.
One person found this helpful
on 18 March 2015
Very good introduction to Fractal coding. Well written text and well paced examples.
One person found this helpful
on 24 September 2014
Great book, I love that developers like Keith and publishing books like this. keep it up!
2 people found this helpful