- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Routledge (12 Feb. 1993)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0415086086
- ISBN-13: 978-0415086080
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 1.5 x 21.6 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 277,959 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Playing Boal: Theatre, Therapy, Activism Paperback – 12 Feb 1993
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This marvelous collection of material, assembled and arranged by Jan Cohen-Cruz and Mady Schutzman, truly goes from the entry level--sort of Basic Boal--to extremely interesting practical applications that are very useful. It also addresses with great vigour the broader political and social questions raised by Boal's work. This collection is urgently welcome."
-Douglas L. Paterson, Chair of the Department of Dramatic Arts, University of Nebraska at Omaha
"This book is a necessary and timely addition to the study of the range of theatre techniques known as "Theatre of the Oppressed" and its founder, the Brazilian theatre director and political activist, Augusto Boal. It tries to accommodate both those completely new to "Theatre of the Oppressed" as well as those engaged in a more detailed professional and/or academic involvement with the work."
-"Theatre Research International
"This book is a must for anyone concerned about performance in conjunction with politics, activism, therapy, and/or community work--or for anyone interested in the application of theory to performance practice."
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > South America
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > History
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > Stagecraft
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Drama
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science