- Platform: PlayStation 3
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
PlayStation Move Starter Pack with PlayStation Eye Camera, Move Controller and Starter Disc (PS3)
- PlayStation Move: Motion Controller
- PlayStation Eye Camera
- Starter Disc
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
PlayStation Move: Starter Pack Includes:
- PlayStation Move: Motion Controller
- PlayStation Eye Camera
- Starter Disc
Introducing the PlayStation Move
The PlayStation 3 Motion Controller contains built-in motion sensors, including a colour-changing orb at its head, which interacts with the PlayStation Eye Camera to track movement. This tracking is precise, meaning the PlayStation 3 Motion Controller recreates every single swing of the arm and twist of the wrist exactly on screen.
Time to Move
The PlayStation Move gives PlayStation 3 gamers a new way to play and interact with their PlayStation 3. The Move is actually broken into three separate parts; the Motion Controller, Navigation Controller and the PlayStation Eye Camera.
The PlayStation Move: Motion Controller
The Playstation Move: Motion Controller contains advanced motion sensors such as a three-axis accelerometer, a three-axis gyroscope and a terrestrial magnetic field sensor to measure your movements and motions which are translated into on screen movements and commands. The colour changing sphere on the end of the controller is tracked by the PlayStation Eye and by using the power of the PlayStation 3 it detects the movements, angle and the absolute position in 3D space, to add to the accuracy.
Move to the beat
At this point there are 36 third party developers and publishers gearing up to support the PlayStation Move, releasing more than 20 games that are either dedicated to or support the PlayStation Move platform.
High definition gaming with the PlayStation Move and PlayStation Camera
PlayStation Move offers a motion-based, High Definition gaming experience unlike anything on the market. The PlayStation Move platform, including the motion controller, sub-controller and PlaySt
The pack will contain a PlayStation Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye camera and a demo disc to give users a tantalizing taste of the range of new gaming experiences available to them. The pack will also include a handy ‘how to’ video guide, showing users how to set and use PlayStation Move.
Using advanced motion sensors and the PlayStation Eye Camera, your every movement is mimicked on-screen in breathtaking Blu-ray powered HD. Take core gaming to a new level or bring your whole family in on the adventure with a title line up that will excite every gamer.
This Playstation Move starter kit contains everything you need to get Moving!
Playstation Move Controller
The corner stone of PlayStation Move, PlayStation Move motion controller combines advanced motion sensors, a dynamic color changing sphere, vibration feedback, and an easy to use button interface. Equipped with three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer and terrestrial magnetic field sensor, PlayStation Move motion controller tracks the precise movements and the angle of the controller. The PS3 system also detects the absolute position of the controller in 3D space by using PlayStation Eye camera. Highly sensitive movement tracking can be accurately traced back to the game, allowing intuitive gameplay as if the player is within the game.
- Works with PlayStation Eye camera to accurately track player position
- Includes action buttons of DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS wireless controller for direct input
- Sleek and Wireless
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Advanced motion sensors in the controller precisely track both fast and subtle movements
- Color of the sphere's light provides visual feedback during gameplay
- Vibration feedback is felt during specific actions
- Bluetooth technology supports wireless gaming
- Simultaneously use up to four motion controllers with a PS3 system
- Charge the controller and automatically pair it with the PS3 system via a USB cable (Type A - Mini-B)
Designed specifically for PS3 and featuring huge advances in USB camera and microphone technology, PlayStation Eye is set to revolutionise the experience of online communication on the PlayStation Network. Expanding on the market-leading heritage of the EyeToy USB Camera for PlayStation 2, the sophistication of the PlayStation Eye naturally complements the advanced features and capabilities of PS3 – all in one slickly designed, unobtrusive unit.
- A sophisticated microphone with the ability to reduce background noise and focus on the spoken word for smoother, more accurate speech recognition and transfer.
- The ability to capture videos and audio clips directly to your PS3’s hard disk drive.
- Engineered to perform well even in low-light conditions
- A range of different capturing modes, including slow motion and time-lapse.
- Faster frame rate for improved tracking, responsiveness and smoothness.
- Two position zoom lens for close-up and full body options.
- A range of eye-catching visual effects to apply to photos and videos.
Please note that these demo disc contents are not yet finalised by Sony and subject to change.
"Setting up PlayStation Move" - instructional video
Start the Party!
EyePet: Move Edition
echochrome ii (PSN title - demo not Move supported)
Tumble (PSN title - demo not Move supported)
Beat Sketchers (PSN title - demo not Move supported)
Hustle Kings (PSN title)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:09 Mins|
It is fairly obvious however that Sony have made a good choice by sticking to a hand-held controller that retains buttons, as for all the interactivity (or least contemporary nature of having as little as possible) of Kinnect, video games were born from button-wielding, and given how much more can be offered to the user by presenting them with, in the Playstation Moves case, 6 buttons, I felt this purchase actually had a future in terms of the hardware, and wasn't limited to merely flailing about in front of the TV performing gestures. And if you don't already own a 'Playstation Eye Camera', this is the product for you.
Within the box, you're going to find;
- 1 x Playstation Move Controller (with Triangle, Circle, Square, Cross, Start, Select, PS Button, 'Move' Button and Trigger Button), and that is charged by the USB cable that came with your PS3. Lost it? I'll grab my coat...
- 1 x Wrist Strap that ties on to the controller. Exactly the same principle as the Nintendo Wii - to stop injuring innocent people and to protect your precious TV.
- 1 x Playstation Eye Camera, to, excuse the pun, keep an Eye on your controller, thereby 'tracking' it in real time. Oh, and the person holding it!
- 1 x 'Starter Disc' in its own case.Read more ›
Love the moves controllers, quality and champions game, lets get the party started have enjoyed, downloaded a demo of time crisis, really struggled with it, found the dual shock easier. Nintendo took a while to pump the market with reasonable games, so hoping for the same with sony.
However I do think sony has missed a trick, or its waiting in the wings (typical sony) for us to part with more of our pennies, I think they should have looked at the camera this needs upgrading to let more light in and wider lens, as in my room its okay, but I have to be careful keeping within certain parameters.
As I am getting used to a new system I am on the fence at the moment with the move however have had alot of fun with it so far.
Here's what you will need to fully enjoy PlayStation Move:
PlayStation Eye Camera (included)
PlayStation Move Controller (included)
Move Navigation Controller (NOT INCLUDED)
A GAME!!!!! (NOT INCLUDED)
Even the basic Wii Sports was included with the Wii console. The Move Controller and Navigation controller are a lot like the Wii Nunchuck (but better). Nintendo were kind enough to include Wii Sports when buying their product so why couldn't Sony do the same? You need the four items listed above to properly experience PlayStation Move but this package only includes two of them. That's HALF of what you need. Hardly a 'Starter Pack' is it?
Unfortunately you WILL have to buy the PlayStation Move Navigation Controller (PS3) at extra cost. There is a small selection of Move enabled games at the time of writing, but that is set to increase in the future as more and more video game developers embrace the technology.
Just keep in mind that this package only gives you HALF of what you need.
|Length: 3:56 Mins|
PlayStation Move really is great, from the first touch you get with it you know your going to have fun with this controller.
The feel of it is extremely comfortable, it fits perfectly into you hand and it has a very nice weight too it. The Main controller looks rather sleek and cool, and although the ball may look alil odd at first, but when you actually get in the game and it changes colour, it really does look pretty awesome.
The controller comes with a wrist band, so if you think you may get over excited when playing then I suggest you attach it to avoid any broken TV's :)
It doesn't come with a USB lead, but you should already have one anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Setting up the controller is easy as counting 1,2,3:
1) Plug in the USB cable to the rear end of the controller.
2) Press the 'PS' Button to sync your controller with the PS3.
3) Make sure your PlayStation Eye is connected and is either at the top of your TV or bottom. (Set to Wide-angle view)
The controller consists of a few buttons; The four basic buttons of Square, Circle, Square and 'X' at the front along with the 'PS' button and the new "Move" button, which is basically the confirm button, and at the sides you have the Start & Select Buttons. On the reverse side near the top is the Trigger button, which is also known as button "T".Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this kit for the PlayStation 3 move wands, so I can use them for my PlayStation VR, and they work a dream! Read morePublished 11 days ago by Jack Aaron Punnett
I'm not even sure what this was supposed to be and how Sony thought they could release this trash.
As an owner of a Wii, Xbox 360/One, PS1/2/3/4 I saw this and thought... Read more