PlayStation Mobile Development Cookbook Paperback – 25 Mar 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Michael Fleischauer has worked as a programmer in a number of different industries from 3D tools creation to automotive and banking. Most recently he launched the Internet start-up Flexamail. In his spare time he writes for and runs the popular game development site GameFromScratch.com. Michael was recently made the first PlayStation Mobile MVP by Sony. Michael lives in Toronto, Canada, with his wife and daughter.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Material on the subject is scarce around the internet, and most information is outdated.
At the time of this writing, this is the ONLY book on Amazon or any other outlet on this Subject.
I stumbled upon this book, I couldn't be more happier with my purchase!
This book is Playstation Mobile specific, to the point and it covers the subject well.
I would recommend people to also pick up a book on C# programming if you are not familiar with the language.
as I was having a bit of trouble figuring out what the "f" in 0.5f ment for example (turns out the number was a float value).
Theres not much bad to say about the book, it has 2D & 3D examples, and will get you coding your first game in no time!
The author is also very nice, I emailed him some questions and he cleared up some stuff in a Jippie!
Now if you excuse me, i have some games to write!
I would recommend some object-oriented experience, as the book expects a bit of familiarity in the subject, though a thorough knowledge of C# is not necessarily required.
All-in-all I'm quite pleased with this book, and would recommend it to anyone looking to get started learning the PSM framework.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware > Handheld Computers
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Games
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Reference > Consumer Guides