Play and Learn: Reading & Counting
|Price:||£14.27 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Minimal adult supervision required
- Child friendly and attractive interface
- Key literacy, and numeracy topics covered
- Full illustration and minimal text
- Loads of games to keep children entertained
- Virtual rewards build confidence and skills
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Windows 95 / 98 / Me
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Platform: Windows 98
Manufacturer: Avanquest Software
Part of the Play & Learn mini-series, this disk is designed to encourage and entertain children aged 3 to 5. Packed with fun activities, animated games, colours, shapes and sounds that help develop key literacy and numeracy skills. The program's special child friendly interface enables children to use it without adult supervision.
Top Customer Reviews
As with all Dorling Kindersley products it is exceptionally well presented. The sound effects and animations on the program help to make the learning process fun and help maintain the user's interest.
Pupils find the software easy to access and are able to navigate around the programme successfully with little teacher/parental guidance. Only limited IT skills are required.
The software makes use of a number of important literacy and numeracy skills and is aimed at children aged 5 - 7(Key Stage 1) although parts of the software can easily be used in the top year of Early Years (Reception). The material is grouped into eight categories, as laid out in the opening screen: · Counting · Calculating · Reading · Spelling · Thinking · Memorising · Matching · Creating
The choice of categories is well thought out and highly appropriate to the children in the age group for which the software has been written.
Each category branches out into 3 different activities. The content and difficulty of the questions depends upon the level which is selected.
At any stage of the programme, the user may pass onto the next window or return to the previous window by using the bicycles, cars or aeroplanes in the bottom right and left hand corners of the screen.
The software stimulates counting and simple calculations, reading and writing, memory recognition, logical and lateral thinking and creativity. From experience, some of the reading and spelling activities are quite advanced - but I use this package very successfully with children in Reception and Key Stage 1.Read more ›
Also the activities are in exactly the same order, time after time - why not have a random selection??? This would be a lot more fun, for both child and parents!
The 'Jump Ahead' CD Rom series, for 4-5 years old, is MUCH better.
I can heartily reccomend this title
So long as your child has dexterity enough to handle click+drag operations, they will be fine with the interface.
Techie note: I run this game on Windows 2000 Pro and it works perfectly except for the maze games, which crash it. But that's not a big loss.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Thought it was a book. It's a DVD. Can't use it in my computer...Published 5 months ago by philippe
Bit old fashioned! wouldn't work on my Windows 7 programme. Waste of money - didnt think I should check the system guidelines.Published on 30 Jan. 2014 by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Software > Budget Software
- Software > Children's Software > Ages 5-8
- Software > Children's Software > Ages 9-11
- Software > Children's Software > Children's Reference
- Software > Education & Reference > Educational Subjects > English > Key Stage Two (Ages 7-11)
- Software > Education & Reference > Educational Subjects > Maths > Key Stage Two (Ages 7-11)
- Software > Education & Reference > Key Stage 2 (Ages 7-11) > English
- Software > Education & Reference > Key Stage 2 (Ages 7-11) > Maths
- Software > Education & Reference > Reference > Children's Reference
- Software > GSP > Children's Fun & Learning > Ages 5-8
- Software > GSP > Children's Fun & Learning > Ages 9-11
- Software > GSP > Children's Fun & Learning > Characters & Brands
- Software > GSP > Children's Fun & Learning > Children's Reference
- Software > GSP > Dorling Kindersley
- Software > GSP > Education > Key Stages > Key Stage 2 (Ages 7-11)
- Software > GSP > Education > Reference
- Software > GSP > Reference > Children's Reference
- Software > Software under £10